Olimex code for their avr-mt128 program

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I recently wrote Olimex and asked for the source code for the program they include on their AVR-MT128 board. They were kind enough to send me the attached files.

The c code is not pretty, but it works and could help get new users off the ground with the LCD interface. I used avr-gcc. The delay.h file they expect is not the one from the gcc distribution. So, I have attached another file to use.

Good luck,

Attachment(s): 

Hi,

Looks like a useful file! But did you check with Olimex that they were OK with posting it on AVRFreaks?

-Colin

Hi Colin,

No, I did not ask Olimex. I am just ignorant in this situation. They did send me the code without any request to limit its use. And, as you can see the code contains no written limitations or copyright text.

My sense is that use of this code could promote their product. I like the product, it's my third Olimex board and they all worked well. I just hope other people have a good experience with the mt-128.

It took me several days to get my own code working, before having the Olimex code. This should save people time and trouble. That is my goal anyway.

Tom

Hi,

I too agree it is very useful for Olimex customers and may attract new customers!

It was just that maybe they wanted to add a copyright disclaimer or something if they knew it was going to go public.

-Colin

Olimex now has the code posted on their Web site. :)

http://www.olimex.com/dev/