No compilers/assemblers installed errors.!

Go To Last Post
11 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi
I have been using AVR studio 4 for a while but havent used it for a while. I recently opened it and tried to compile some code i had written but got a 'Could not connect to compiler' error. Since i removed AVR Studio installed the newest version.

Now when i load it up i get a 'No compilers/assemblers installed' error and cant compile the code as before. Also, when i click on 'new project' the check box under 'project type' is empty so i cannot create a new project!

I would be greatful for any ideas

Thanks in advance

I have just found that if i click on the Plug-in Manager it shows that none are currently installed? i believe that it should show AVRAssmbler or something?

The file AvrPluginAvrAsmObject.dll is located within my /comilers folder so i really dont know why it is not showing up - any ideas? thanks

Hi, I have same problem.
AvrStudio 4 work fine until some days ago then I starte to get som error msg like "No compiles/assemblers installed"...
So I unistall AvrStudio and re-install AvrStudio, but same problem :(

So now I can not debug or compile in AvrStudio.....

PS. sorry for my english DS.

I solved the problem after much comunication with the AVR help desk! In my case , spyware had hijacked some vital files. The malware was called howiper.exe, favset.exe and a few others in c:\windows\system32 - but they are not visible. To get rid of it I downloaded 'Blacklight' from http://www.f-secure.com/blacklig... (its the only one i found that would find the files!)

So to solve the problem;

1) Uninstall AVR Studio
2) Run regedit
3) Delete all references to Atmel and AVR studio
4) Update Windows
5) Download Blacklight
6) Rename the files it finds except
7) When Windows restarts, delete these renamed files
8) Install the latest version of AVR studio

..... et voila!! Hopefully it will work for you too!

Good for you :D

But Blacklight did not find any virus/trojan, and I try to clean up reg but it is same :cry:

I have the same problem.
Blacklight did not find any virus/trojan, and i did not get AVR Studio to work.

Have you found a solution yet ?

I solved the problem by myself.
In my case, the problem was a rootkit (Registry key with embedded nulls) which was NOT found by Blacklight .

I found this rootkit with the Tool from sysinternals
http://www.sysinternals.com/Util...
and deleted this key with another tool from sysinternals
http://www.sysinternals.com/Util...

and voila - it works.

Hi Folks,

now, that I finally got my AVR Dragon, I installed SP3 and now have the same error message on startup of Studio on my XP Pro machine.

Interestingly I only get the message when I run Studio under my (slightly limited) user account. When I switch to the admin account (which I only do for installing/uninstalling and system maintenance) I can run Studio without problems. It also works when I start Studio from the user account with "run as..." and give it admin rights.

I have up to date versions of virus and malware scanners installed and they didn't find any problems.

Any further hints what could cause the problem?

hallo,
I was facing the same problem like you all. Some day the error massage "no compilers/assemblers installed" appeared when starting AVRstudio. I solved the problem like kohlmaier did by using microsofts RegDelNull.exe to delete registry entries with embedded nulls. After deleting these entries AVRstudio started without reinstalling. Have a look at the attached file where you can see the six registry entries I detected with RootkitRevealer.exe.
regards

Attachment(s): 

Same thing happened to me this morning: Everything was working fine yesterday. When I tried to open a project this morning I got the popup 'No compilers/assemblers installed' and my component layout was out of whack.

Between leaving yesterday and arriving this morning, my network admin installed many Windows updates and security patches, as well as Internet Explorer 7. So something with that collection of "upgrades" interferes with AVR Studio somehow.

I looked at Keys provided by hipfinger (above) but they don't appear to exist in my registry. I'll try the tools he mentioned.

Thanks.

pls,'No compilers/assemblers installed' come up this moring when I run AVR studio,I really dont know what should I do, All of my work is pedding,I check out all above discription,but cann't find any way that works,Can someone help me ?
yours!
best regards

Quote: