Can I use old D-link switcs power supply 7,5VDC / 1A

I don't have yet NGW100 so I can't just try

Sorry about my englis. I can read but writting is derrible

Best regards TN

PS
I trying SEARCH. This was best link
https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

Total votes: 0

Hi, you'll probably be fine with you D-link power.

I guess it's a "better safe than sorry" value. It might even work at 4V but you'll have no margin for variations in your supply.

I have been using with USB bus power. Pheripheral load ETH0,1,serial and SDCard. Still no problem..working well...!!!
Bobmyan!

If you power with an external power supply, you will loose about 1.4 volt in the diode-bridge, so you should get away with 5.4 volts :) The power supply is switched so it will not burn off voltage as it transforms to 1.8 volt and 3.3 volt.

If you experience instability, check if you can get hold of a power supply capable of delivering more amps. But I think the 7.5V/1A should be fine.

Hans-Christian

I had tons of problums with a linksys 9v wall plug. Now I am using a Powerline 1000ma Universal High Power AC Adapter. I have it set for 12volts an it has fixed all my problums.

Altrez wrote:
I had tons of problums with a linksys 9v wall plug. Now I am using a Powerline 1000ma Universal High Power AC Adapter. I have it set for 12volts an it has fixed all my problums.

When using a power supply unit you have to check its maximum current capabilities.

12 Volts at 1000mA equals 12 Watt o power. Equivalent at 9 volts has to be able to supply 1,333 mA.

So when comparing or choosing a power supply always compare Volts & Amperes capability.

Regards,
Viron.