NGW100 hardware revision?

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

Yesterday, I received a few NGW100s from digikey.
They look different from the NGW100s I received last year.

Is there a new NGW100 hardware version?
Are there any hardware changes in the newer version?

By the look of it, everything looks the same, except the placement of the Nexus connector, some capacitors, some of the text on the board and the circuit layout in general.
BTW, I have not yet powered them up.

Thanks,
-Deven

Yes, Atmel have produced a new revision, rev D. This revision should fit better in a 1/2 euro card box.

The PCB layout is redone, so it should emit less. The hardware itself is the same.

My NGW100 was without a power LED, did you kit have one? I kind of miss that LED, nice to know that power is applied.

Hans-Christian

Yeah, the power LED is missing and it is indeed a Rev D.

One more thing, the serial numbers are messed up. The serial numbers on the PCB (sticker) and on the box do not match.
BTW, the boards are now "Made in Malaysia".

-Deven

hi deven,

you have one of this new ngw100 in your hands.
Are the positions of the extension plugs J1, J2, J5-7 identical or moved?
I ask, because we have developed an adaptor board for a touch panel to the older revision of the ngw100 and want to know, if it still fits.

Beware of the bear

J5, J6, J7 look the same. We also have an adaptor board to the NGW100.

I am sure Atmel would make an announcement, if they would change something significant. Lot of designs would break, if the NGW100 expansion connectors are changed/shifted.
I was surprised Atmel did not announce the Rev D boards. It came as a bit of a surprise and I was worried for some time, before I looked into the details.

BTW, which ones are J1, J2?

-Deven

Quote:

J1 & J2 is ISP & "spare" to the tiny24, which we use as EEprom and A/D for the touchpanel, while A/D and EE is missing on the AP7.

Beware of the bear

tossia wrote:
Quote:

J1 & J2 is ISP & "spare" to the tiny24, which we use as EEprom and A/D for the touchpanel, while A/D and EE is missing on the AP7.

Are you are talking about the connectors near the 9-pin USART connector? If yes, then they look the same.

-Deven

yes, the two 6 pin headers that are called "board control headers" in the hardware reference.

thx @ deven

Beware of the bear