NGW100 and RZ Raven?

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi

Has anyone tried the RZ Raven (ZigBee) on a NGW100 board with Linux?

Seems like it could be a powerful combination,
but it was just a idea...

Thanks
Johan

Exactly how would you want them connected? I mean I've uesd both Digi xbee and Meshnetics zigbit modules with AVR32 units, they just plug in to a serial port.

I haven't tried the actual Linux Zigbee stack ( http://zigbuzz.sourceforge.net/ ), I've never had too, but I assume it works ;-)

-S.

squidgit wrote:
Exactly how would you want them connected? I mean I've uesd both Digi xbee and Meshnetics zigbit modules with AVR32 units, they just plug in to a serial port.

I haven't tried the actual Linux Zigbee stack ( http://zigbuzz.sourceforge.net/ ), I've never had too, but I assume it works ;-)

-S.

My first idea was to use the usb port...?

But I have note given this much reflection.

/Johan

The NGW100 doesn't have a USB host port, just a device, so that won't work real well ;-)

But as I say, you get put an 802.14.5 modem on the serial port and if you need zigbee proper on top of that then either choose a modem which actually has a stack on board or else zigbuzz should come to your aid :-)

-S.

squidgit wrote:
The NGW100 doesn't have a USB host port, just a device, so that won't work real well ;-)

-S.

Bummer, there goes half off my ideas on what I planed to do with the NGW100...

Why would you want this device as a "usb-device"?
But it explains why the placed a USB Type B port instead off a normal Type A...

But this mean I can use my AT90UsbKey as a host and the NGW100 as a device, that was a funny twist :shock:

Cheers
Johan

jsiei97 wrote:
Why would you want this device as a "usb-device"?
If you've got an AVR32 embedded in a product you're more likely to want a device than a host IMO. I've used the device so I can plug my product in to a PC for configuration etc.
jsiei97 wrote:
But it explains why the placed a USB Type B port instead off a normal Type A...
Yup :-)
jsiei97 wrote:
But this mean I can use my AT90UsbKey as a host and the NGW100 as a device, that was a funny twist :shock:
Hehe, indeed xD

-S.