Newest Flip good on Win10/64?

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi guys, 

I have 1500 AVR32 devices in the field, with customers wishing to upgrade their devices. When I started selling, Win7/32 was the most common OS, and with a simple-ish 13-step explanation I could guide them through Flip installation and firmware upgrade. 

Now, these people use Win10/64 and I wish to give them proper advice. 

Do you know if the Flip installer at Microchip works on Win10/64?
https://www.microchip.com/develo...

Alternatively, should I use Hlavac's drivers from 2010:
https://community.atmel.com/proj...

Thanks,
Børge

Seems some experimentation would answer those questions.

What does MicroChip support say?

Jim

Click Link: Get Free Stock: Retire early! PM for strategy

share.robinhood.com/jamesc3274

I thought it was Java so it's platform independent? Presumably it's going to be as good as the JRE installed on your machine.

Actually, it is only as good as the USB driver. For the longest time, Flip only came with 32-bit drivers, and a lot of hand-holding at that. 

A 64-bit driver with enough signatures to run on Win10 is a must. A smoother installation and use experience would be very nice...

Børge

Am uncertain FLIP (BatchISP) made the transition from Atmel to Microchip.

FLIP was added to atprogram.exe

There's Microchip support FAQ on how to package atprogram; IIRC, Cliff also packaged it.

dfu-programmer for ones who aren't Windows operators.

Atmel Studio 7

Atmel Studio 7.0.582

• Support for Flip-compatible bootloaders in atprogram and programming dialogue. The connected device appears as a tool.

dfu-programmer

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

Here are my experiences from using Flip 3.4.7.112 on a brand-new Win10/64 installation (evaluation build 18272):

Device manager finds Other devices: AT32UC3A3 DFU but finds no driver for it. 

Selecting Update Driver and automatic search renders nothing. With Manual Search I browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb\ and I'm able to get "Windows has successfully updated your drivers". After this I have the new device category "Atmel USB Devices \ AT32UC3A3". 

After that I was able to use batchisp to update a device. 

So at first go, things seem to be working well. I will update my user's manual and inform about this. I will also investigate atprogram. 

Børge