Need to find stk500.exe version 2.2

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Does anyone have a link to, or the file (its less than 100k!!)  of  stk500.exe VERSION 2.2?   The problem is all have the same name stk500.exe, so I'm going nutty looking for it. I need this version since QA requires that version (or generate 10 tons of paperwork).

The version can be seen by typing (from the CMD window):  STK500 -ccom1   (or any other valid command) it then spits out the version.  Note an actual stk500 need not be present

Note--holding your mouse over the stk500.exe file name reports a "file version", but that is NOT the software version.

When in the dark remember-the future looks brighter than ever.   I look forward to being able to predict the future!

Last Edited: Wed. May 10, 2017 - 04:55 AM

If no-one answers your call: Maybe use the AVR Studio archive and interpolate between versions to see which one brings v2.2 of stk500.exe.

Do you know, roughly, when that version was RTM?

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

I found this post (below)...so I might have to resort to an install, since the file is "embedded" in the installer--so I can't get to it without a full install.  I hate to do that, since it will probably intermingle with my other installs (not sure). ...that 's the backup, if I can't just locate the file itself....it's literally only a 100k size file   ...The old versions are somewhat hidden away by Atmel...just go to www.atmel.com & enter archive as a search

STK500.exe v2.3 is shipped with AVR Studio 4.17.

The STK500.exe that I found on a 4.17/666 installation is still v2.2. The same version is installed with v4.18/692.

Any tips on where I get v2.3? I need it to be able to program xmega chips using an AVRISP2 via the command line.

When in the dark remember-the future looks brighter than ever.   I look forward to being able to predict the future!

Last Edited: Wed. May 10, 2017 - 07:41 AM

avrcandies wrote:
Any tips on where I get v2.3?
By extrapolation one would guess it must have been in Studio 4.19 then? (the last issued version)

I can give you the STK500.exe that comes with AS4.18 SP3. But I have no idea if that's the correct file.

AS4.18 info

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Last Edited: Wed. May 10, 2017 - 08:11 AM

avrcandies wrote:
Any tips on where I get v2.3?

If you're asking where to actually obtain old Studio setup files (rather than in what Studio installer the stk500.exe you're looking for is), then this is the spot: http://www.atmel.com/tools/STUDI...

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

Last Edited: Wed. May 10, 2017 - 09:22 AM

Thanks,yes searching for Archive takes you to that link...I finally found the version buried on my PC