Hi everybody :)
I want to make some usb related projects. I believe there is a lot of usb projects out there, but all of them are usb "clients".
I planned to make a usb host device using ATMega.
Atmel released their USB host-capable microcontroller, so it'll made my project a little straight forward. But in fact, i cant acquire those chips easily in my country.
My option is:
1. Still buying those usb host-capable microcontroller from ATMEL directly and learn how to use it carefully. ("Carefully" means because you buy it from another country)
2. Make an usb host-capable from ordinary microcontroller by emulating "usb host protocol" just like all usb projects (ones that emulates usb protocol) found around here.
Have any advice which one should i choose?
Is it possible to realize option no.2?
Here is some crazy ideas that came out in my head:
- Standalone AVR Chip Programmer that gets the binary data stored in USB FlashDisk.
- Multiple USB Flashdisk Browser, copier, etc (from one USB Flashdisk, to another USB Flashdisk)
- Embedded MP3 player that gets MP3 from USB Flashdisk
and plays the song over the FM radio frequency, or just a simple earphone.
- Remote controlling a robot using USB Joystick.
- Reading data streams from USB Keyboard used to program a dot matrix LED display.
- Backing up data inside USB Flashdisk to a harddrive without any help from computer.
- Anything that utilizes USB Host!
Thanks a lot! :D