My Birthday Gift: ATMEGA168 Development Board

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Greetings from the Philippines! Hello to the AVR Freaks Forum! Today is my first full day with the ATMEGA168 Development board, a birthday gift from ProtoStack. (The ATMEGA168 isn't sold locally in the Philippines, or at least, I can't find it.)

Before I continue, I must mention that I started off with microcontrollers on March 4, 2010, with the Atmel 89Cx051 series mCU. I succeeded in the projects I wanted to do with Atmel 89Cx051 mCUs, so I moved onto the Microchip Technology's PIC16F877A in Mid-April, and just completed my first, successful prototype product. -- I've been a C/C++ programmer since the early 1990s.

Now, I'm starting to learn the ATMEGA168 mCU. Immediately, I loaded up my Atmel programming tools that I used for AT89Cx051 development and discovered that AVR products are not an option. And so, I am in the process of downloading AVR Studio, since it's free (thanks to the link I found in AVR Freaks).

Anyways, I'm probably more of a freak than anyone else is. Actually, I'm a pure geek with a sarcastic personality. I hope to meet other AVR freaks that could probably "jump-start" me from Newbie to Professional in the shortest amount of time.

Thanks for allowing me into AVR Freaks. Have a nice day.

Kuya Marc

Aspiring Digital Graphics Artist & Illustrator

Retired Embedded Speech Synthesis Systems Developer

Due to emotional trauma in 2014, I have stopped working with embedded electronics!

Happy birthday and welcome to the Freaks community!

You may start from lots of useful AVR information here.

Warning: Grumpy Old Chuff. Reading this post may severely damage your mental health.

MBedder wrote:
Happy birthday and welcome to the Freaks community!

You may start from lots of useful AVR information here.

Thanks for the greeting. Believe it or not, I went to the Newbies post, first. :shock: I quickly discovered that the AVR community is much larger than I expected.

Kuya Marc

Due to emotional trauma in 2014, I have stopped working with embedded electronics!

Be warned folks this is a lot like a cross post:

https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

clawson wrote:
Be warned folks this is a lot like a cross post:

https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

Ooops, I got accused of crossposting, already, and I just signed up. :cry: