Microchip Studio 7.0.2542 "An error occurred loading property page"

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Clean installed the new AS 7.0.2542 on my WIN10-64 ver 2014 PC using administrator privilege.

Added the vMicro extension.

Now I can only access a few of the Project Option settings - Most of them just show up as an error window saying: "An error occurred loading property page"

Debugging with Atmel ICE is also not working:

The selection of debugger Hardware pops-up as usual after compiling with ALT + F5, but the following screen shows this error:

Updated my WIN10 to the latest 20H2 version, but the problems remains.

Does any of you know how to overcome these problems?

Thanks / Peter

This topic has a solution.
Last Edited: Tue. Nov 17, 2020 - 12:53 AM

I would try to repair your Visual Studio 2015 Shell (Isolated)...

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Microchip, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Microchip’s positions, strategies, or opinions.

Thanks for your reply Morten,

I have the a folder, created by the AS7 installer, named "Visual Studio 2015" placed in my document folder.

I also have another "Visual Studio 2015" folder inside my "Visual Studio 2017" folder - made by Microsoft Visual Studio after an update of studio.

Can it be this last folder that messes things up?

/Peter

This reply has been marked as the solution. 

No, it sounds like a dll has been lost or unregistered. By Going to add/remove programs and choose to repair vs2015 shell it should go through and check all of that...

(yes, I work for Microchip, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Microchip’s positions, strategies, or opinions.

Tak Morten,

That did the trick - everything works now.

I also updated another PC to the new version - This time it went flawlessly.

/Peter

Det var godt å høre wink

Madame Google say: It was good to hear

Jim

Until Black Lives Matter, we do not have "All Lives Matter"!