Microchip Studio 7.0 2542 wont launch after splash screen disappears

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have been running Microchip Studio 7.0 2542 for several months now on two different laptops running Windows 10 and now it won't launch on either.   Once I start Microchip Studio the splash screen appears for several seconds and the disappears without studio opening up.  No exception dialog appears and the windows task manager does not show the app in the task list.  Also no errors show up in "C:\Users\jderen\AppData\Roaming\Atmel\AtmelStudio\7.0\ApplicationStatus.log".   Anyone have this recent issue or know of any other way of figuring out why Microchip Studio won't launch anymore? 

Welcome!

Any of the known defects?

Microchip Studio 7.0.2542 | Page 2 | AVR Freaks

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

Total votes: 1

Unfortunately no as I did see those defects on the forum when searching for my problem earlier.

Thanks

First guess is a Microchip Studio clean with run-as-administrator as a close second.

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

Forgot to mention I did a Microchip Studio repair install which didn't help.  Then did a full uninstall and re-ran the install and have the same issue.

I'm heading that a Microsoft update happened and now Microchip Studio is somehow incompatible and has issues with.