Is mega644 fast enought to drive this LCD?

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello,

I will try to interface this LCD (GFT028CA240320Y - http://www.gifar.com.tw/pdf/TFT/...(SPEC).pdf) to my mega644. it's a 320x240 18bit color LCD. With a parallel bus interface. My idea is to at least archive 1 or 2 fps. did anybody interface an AVR with this type of LCDs?

Thanks!
Ezequiel

It has a controller (ILI9320) and built in RAM, so it doesn't RAM on the AVR.

Your link doesn't work.

It really depends on what you want to do with it. Are you planning on bit mapped graphics, vector graphics, etc?

Regards,
Steve A.

The Board helps those that help themselves.

it has a ')' in the end. Now it works
http://www.gifar.com.tw/pdf/TFT/...(SPEC).pdf

My idea is to make a 2D simple user interface for a Human - Interface device.

No vector or 3D graphics, just a simple UI. May be with a menu that has a basic animation, but nothing more.

Consider that while the panel may have its own RAM, if you wanted to produce "moving pictures" you'd be taking about producing at leat 15 frames per second of 320 x 240 x 3 bytes. So that's potentially drawing 230,400 bytes 15 times per second - about 3.5MB/s

So small updates (such as moving a highlighting scroll bar) will be possible but full on "video" most definitely will not from a 20MHz AVR

Hello!
I teseted the possability interfacing ILI9320 controller LCD 320 X 240 with ATMEGA645 with internal clock of 8MHz. THIS work.
I would like to cknow if you implemented with ATMEGA644 or not.

I had used a 320x240 monochrome LCD with touch panel for HID, with a M32. No problems to do some graphics, text, pushbuttons, menus, etc.

No video streaming though.

Guillem.
"Common sense is the least common of the senses" Anonymous.

is it require any pullup on the port