Mega169 Assembler for linux?

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Avra doesn't seem to support the Mega169 (at least it doesn't show up on the supported devices list). Can avra in fact assemble code for the M169? If so what should I do (command line arguements? something included in my code?)? If not is there an assembler for linux that supports the M169? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

avr-as, part of the AVR GNU toolchain that usually accompanies avr-gcc is a fully featured assembler for AVR that can be built for Linux and which most definitely supports the 169

There are MANY posts about builing the gcc and binutils packages on Linux in the adjacent AVR-GCC forum here.

Cliff

clawson wrote:
avr-as, part of the AVR GNU toolchain that usually accompanies avr-gcc is a fully featured assembler for AVR that can be built for Linux and which most definitely supports the 169

There are MANY posts about builing the gcc and binutils packages on Linux in the adjacent AVR-GCC forum here.

Cliff

Sweet, thanks. For some reason I was under the impression that the assembler everybody was using was avra. I guess that was a missconception. I just built avr-as now and it does in fact have the amega169 in there and... basically everything else I could possibly want. Thanks again!

Kagetsuki wrote:
clawson wrote:

Cliff

Sweet, thanks. For some reason I was under the impression that the assembler everybody was using was avra. I guess that was a missconception. I just built avr-as now and it does in fact have the amega169 in there and... basically everything else I could possibly want. Thanks again!

There are several reasons why avra is the better choice. Unfortunately it seems to be in limbo (broken...going on months now) while they retool the build process. The most stable version I found was (naturally) in the freebsd ports collection. http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/pds.cgi?ports/devel/avra
To work out the new devices I needed I wrote some php (and then ported it to tcl) which generates the devices table based on the Atmel part description files. I am attaching the coresponding devices.c. It should work with 1.0.1 and beyond.

I hope to get this to the developers eventually.

The gnu assembler will not assemble code written for the avr assembler (ie. all of the atmel sample code which I find to be extremely helpfull).

Let me know if this works.

Attachment(s): 

This has been rolled into a new (old release) called 1.0.2.