[M168 WinAVR] Strange interrupt behavior

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have an ATmega168 in power-save mode with Timer2 enabled (32768 Hz x-tal). On Timer 2 overflow it wakes up and executes this procedure (via the same interrupt):

ISR(SIG_OVERFLOW2)
{
 clock_++;

if (clock_==128)
	{	   	 		  	   	  				   	
	clock_=0;
	hour[h_sek]++;
	if (timer[5]&BIT(fl_timer_chet)) timer[0]--;  
  	if ((int_curr[c_started]==1)&&(int_curr[h_min]<100))  int_curr[h_sek]++;
	time_flag&=~BIT(fl_sek_1_switch);	
  	time_in_regim--;
  	time_signal--;
    }
 if (clock_==112) time_flag|=BIT(fl_sek_1_switch);
 if ((clock_==48)||(clock_==80)) time_flag|=BIT(fl_plus);
 if ((clock_==32)||(clock_==64)) time_flag&=~BIT(fl_plus);
 time_note--;

if (ps_started==1) ps_time++;

}

Several arithmetic operations and no more. Then it goes to the same sleep mode.

At 4 MHz everything works fine. At 8 MHz the procedure is sometimes executed TWICE per one wakeup - the clock runs at double speed. I need to add a delay approx. 5 us inside the procedure to eliminate this bug. What's the reason?

PS. The MCU is waked up on the interrupt and the procedure is also performed on this interrupt. It's a clock with an emergency battery-powered mode, in the normal mode the MCU runs constantly and does not sleep, but this procedure is executed 128 times per second via this interrupt.

How many cycles in the worst case ISR execution?

WrightFlyer wrote:
How many cycles in the worst case ISR execution?
Hidden-Cliff, perhaps you should mention that "worst" means "shortest" here. ;-)

watchmaker,
read the data sheet about "asynchronous timer mode and sleeping" and you will find the answer.

Stefan Ernst

Note I have deleted the post you made in the AVR Forum sticky thread about 168 bug. Of course this isn't a bug in the silicon - it's your faulty program. In the extraordinarily unlikely event that this did turn out to be a fault in the 168 then reinstate your post.

Moderator.