Looking for avrdude 5.11.1 for Windows (send me your .exe & .conf)

Go To Last Post
9 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello. The avrdude website has only a Linux version of the 5.11.1 version. There are obscure references to a post on here where someone had & shared a Windows package (would include an executable and a config file). Unfortunately these are very old conversations and the links have all been dead. 

Does anyone have it?

Why do you want that particular version?

It looks like Arduino 1.0.5 includes version 5.11

Because I have unfortunately (?) decided to develop an application with an Attiny9. From what I've read, TPI is broken in version 6. It was introduced in the first place in 5.11, but it was initially also broken and was fixed in 5.11.1

I have successfully programmed these chips using an Arduino as a programmer. However this worked for prototyping, it's not going to work for production. I'm worried I could get pushback about the $115 ATMEL ICE as it's kind of insanely expensive for just a programmer (I realize it is expensive because it does more, but it's only needed for that, and it's all they offer). Therefore I'm trying to set up a USBasp programmer for them.

I've already updated the firmware on the USBasp as I don't care about it working for regular ISP. I only need TPI. However I need to get a compatible version of avrdude running. To be honest I did just find this instruction about how to build avrdude which I believe would generate the files I am looking for. However that looks like it's going to be an ordeal. If nobody can help me obtain these files, I will attempt this.

https://eecs.oregonstate.edu/edu...

Last Edited: Fri. Sep 24, 2021 - 07:08 AM

This chap maintains a fork of AVRDUDE 6.3 which has no libusb dependency and supports various Atmel programmers out-of-the-box.

https://github.com/mariusgreuel/avrdude

YMMV:

dallathaun wrote:
However this worked for prototyping, it's not going to work for production.

Most suppliers can program the parts for you before delivery for your production needs, have you looked into that?

Jim

FF = PI > S.E.T

dallathaun wrote:

Because I have unfortunately (?) decided to develop an application with an Attiny9. From what I've read, TPI is broken in version 6. It was introduced in the first place in 5.11, but it was initially also broken and was fixed in 5.11.1

i have avrdude 6.3 and i have program tiny9/10 with atmel ICE

check your pm

Total votes: 1

Thank you. Is this dependency the reason TPI doesn't work properly in recent versions? I read the Github notes but didn't see mention of it specifically.

Last Edited: Mon. Sep 27, 2021 - 03:26 AM

Arduino supports the attiny10 family.  That means you can extract a compatible avrdude from an Arduino installation.

Also note that the USBasp firmware has to support TPI, you may have to update the firmware if your programmer shipped with an ancient version.  TPI support has been around for a decade, so it is unlikely to be a problem.  But just in case of emergency, you can download the latest (2011) firmware package here: https://www.fischl.de/usbasp/