list of chips supported by STK500 programmer.

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi All,

My STK500 manual is old, dated as of board mfr.  The list of chips supported is very small.  Ive been online looking for a few hours to find a list of chips that I can program (today) using the on board serial programmer (I have serial to USB cconverter/cable)  and Atmel studio, but haven't found one yet.  Also, ive seen a bunch of tutorials here and there where they use the STK500 to host the chip, and power it, but use an external programmer (the 'little blue box').    

Is there a list some place, or as long as I can see the chip in Atmel Studio list, and the dev studio can see the STK500, Im good to go?     

Thanks,

Mike

This topic has a solution.

I smell burning bakelite!

Last Edited: Tue. Jul 10, 2018 - 03:17 AM

As long as it's selectable it should work. You can find the list in the Studio release notes.

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Atmel, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

This reply has been marked as the solution. 

burningwires2 wrote:
as long as I can see the chip in Atmel Studio list, and the dev studio can see the STK500, Im good to go?

As long as the chip you want to PROGRAM has ICSP capabilities then the STK500 can program it.

If you want a list, I suggest you look at the discontinued AVRISPMKII.  The STK500 ISP programmer is essentially the same thing.

JIm

If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue! - Kartman

Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB user

Total votes: 1

Thanks everyone. 

I smell burning bakelite!