libglib2 on buildroot_v2.2.0rc5 failed

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello,

compiling libglib2 in buildroot-avr32-v2.2.0-rc5/ failed with following error:

/home/lumax/avr32/buildroot/buildroot-avr32-v2.2.0-rc5/build_avr32/staging_dir/usr/bin/avr32-linux-uclibc-gcc -Os -I/home/lumax/avr32/buildroot/buildroot-avr32-v2.2.0-rc5/build_avr32/staging_dir/usr/include -I/home/lumax/avr32/buildroot/buildroot-avr32-v2.2.0-rc5/build_avr32/staging_dir/include -msoft-float -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../.. -I../../glib -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"GLib\" -DG_ENABLE_DEBUG -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGLIB_COMPILATION -pthread -g -O2 -Wall -MT vasnprintf.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/vasnprintf.Tpo -c vasnprintf.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/vasnprintf.o
vasnprintf.c: In function '_g_gnulib_vasnprintf':
vasnprintf.c:576: error: 'MB_CUR_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)
vasnprintf.c:576: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vasnprintf.c:576: error: for each function it appears in.)

There is one link related to this error. There it could be a problem with the toolchain.
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/toolchain/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=44&_forum_thread_total=50&_forum_thread_page=3&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=23408

The MB_CUR_MAX macro is defined in stdlib.h,
any ideas how to solve this problem?
Thank you very much.

Did you enable wide char? Perhaps that is the reason it does not work? It might also be that uClibc AVR32 port miss this define for some reason.

Hans-Christian

I enabled wchar support in buidroot, thanks for the tip.

The macro __UCLIBC_HAS_WCHAR__ in staging_dir/include/stdlib.h is not defined after enabled wchar support!
(Is it necessary to rebuild the whole toolchain to enable wchar?
How to rebuild the toolchain only?)

I build the whole stuff again and get following error now:

/home/lumax/avr32/buildroot/buildroot-avr32-v2.2.0-rc5/build_avr32/staging_dir/usr/bin/avr32-linux-uclibc-nm  .libs/garray.o .libs/gasyncqueue.o .libs/gatomic.o .libs/gbacktrace.o .libs/gbase64.o .libs/gbookmarkfile.o .libs/gcache.o .libs/gchecksum.o .libs/gcompletion.o .libs/gconvert.o .libs/gdataset.o .libs/gdate.o .libs/gdir.o .libs/gerror.o .libs/gfileutils.o .libs/ghash.o .libs/ghook.o .libs/giochannel.o .libs/gkeyfile.o .libs/glist.o .libs/gmain.o .libs/gmappedfile.o .libs/gmarkup.o .libs/gmem.o .libs/gmessages.o .libs/gnode.o .libs/goption.o .libs/gpattern.o .libs/gprimes.o .libs/gqsort.o .libs/gqueue.o .libs/grel.o .libs/grand.o .libs/gregex.o .libs/gscanner.o .libs/gsequence.o .libs/gshell.o .libs/gslice.o .libs/gslist.o .libs/gstdio.o .libs/gstrfuncs.o .libs/gstring.o .libs/gtestutils.o .libs/gthread.o .libs/gthreadpool.o .libs/gtimer.o .libs/gtree.o .libs/guniprop.o .libs/gutf8.o .libs/gunibreak.o .libs/gunicollate.o .libs/gunidecomp.o .libs/gurifuncs.o .libs/gutils.o .libs/gprintf.o .libs/giounix.o .libs/gspawn.o  libcharset/.libs/libcharset.a gnulib/.libs/libgnulib.a pcre/.libs/libpcre.a | sed -n -e 's/^.*[ 	]\([ABCDGIRSTW][ABCDGIRSTW]*\)[ 	][ 	]*\([_A-Za-z][_A-Za-z0-9]*\)$/\1 \2 \2/p' | /home/lumax/avr32/buildroot/buildroot-avr32-v2.2.0-rc5/toolchain_build_avr32/bin/sed 's/.* //' | sort | uniq > .libs/libglib-2.0.exp
/bin/grep -E -e "^g.*" ".libs/libglib-2.0.exp" > ".libs/libglib-2.0.expT"
mv -f ".libs/libglib-2.0.expT" ".libs/libglib-2.0.exp"
echo "{ global:" > .libs/libglib-2.0.ver
 cat .libs/libglib-2.0.exp | sed -e "s/\(.*\)/\1;/" >> .libs/libglib-2.0.ver
 echo "local: *; };" >> .libs/libglib-2.0.ver
 /home/lumax/avr32/buildroot/buildroot-avr32-v2.2.0-rc5/build_avr32/staging_dir/usr/bin/avr32-linux-uclibc-gcc -Os  -I/home/lumax/avr32/buildroot/buildroot-avr32-v2.2.0-rc5/build_avr32/staging_dir/usr/include -I/home/lumax/avr32/buildroot/buildroot-avr32-v2.2.0-rc5/build_avr32/staging_dir/include -msoft-float -shared  .libs/garray.o .libs/gasyncqueue.o .libs/gatomic.o .libs/gbacktrace.o .libs/gbase64.o .libs/gbookmarkfile.o .libs/gcache.o .libs/gchecksum.o .libs/gcompletion.o .libs/gconvert.o .libs/gdataset.o .libs/gdate.o .libs/gdir.o .libs/gerror.o .libs/gfileutils.o .libs/ghash.o .libs/ghook.o .libs/giochannel.o .libs/gkeyfile.o .libs/glist.o .libs/gmain.o .libs/gmappedfile.o .libs/gmarkup.o .libs/gmem.o .libs/gmessages.o .libs/gnode.o .libs/goption.o .libs/gpattern.o .libs/gprimes.o .libs/gqsort.o .libs/gqueue.o .libs/grel.o .libs/grand.o .libs/gregex.o .libs/gscanner.o .libs/gsequence.o .libs/gshell.o .libs/gslice.o .libs/gslist.o .libs/gstdio.o .libs/gstrfuncs.o .libs/gstring.o .libs/gtestutils.o .libs/gthread.o .libs/gthreadpool.o .libs/gtimer.o .libs/gtree.o .libs/guniprop.o .libs/gutf8.o .libs/gunibreak.o .libs/gunicollate.o .libs/gunidecomp.o .libs/gurifuncs.o .libs/gutils.o .libs/gprintf.o .libs/giounix.o .libs/gspawn.o -Wl,--whole-archive libcharset/.libs/libcharset.a gnulib/.libs/libgnulib.a pcre/.libs/libpcre.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -lintl  -msoft-float -Wl,-soname -Wl,libglib-2.0.so.0 -Wl,-version-script -Wl,.libs/libglib-2.0.ver -o .libs/libglib-2.0.so.0.1504.0
/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The path /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so points to the host system, i think there has to be something like ...buildroot/build_avr32/staging_dir/lib/libiconv.so !

How to manipulate the Makefile or libglib2.mk or whatever to link to the proper library?

Quote:
(Is it necessary to rebuild the whole toolchain to enable wchar?

Yes
Quote:
How to rebuild the toolchain only?)

You don't, you have to rebuild everything after tinkering with WCHAR and locale, remove all the _avr32 directories and binaries and do a new make from scratch.

Hans-Christian

Quote:
How to manipulate the Makefile or libglib2.mk or whatever to link to the proper library?

I do not know this!

A workaround seems to be to put the staging_dir/lib/libiconv.so.2.4.0 temporary in the /usr/local/lib folder for that compile session.

Furthermore glib-genmarshal is required. Packet libglib2.0-dev (ubuntu) contains this tool.