L1672 Datasheet

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm trying to write a driver for this L1672 16x2 LCD I picked up but I can't seem to find a datasheet for it. It appears to be manufactured by Seiko (SII ?). Google turned up a couple of results for siielectroniccomponents.com but the site seems to be down.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I found one here

I did not inspect it any further, but probably the controller is compatible with the HD4480

ikletti wrote:
I found one here

I did not inspect it any further, but probably the controller is compatible with the HD4480

Doh, I got a 404 on that URL does it still work for you?

Seiko is a little bit strange. It looks as if they are trying very hard to forget past products.

The good news is the L1672 is standard stuff. It uses a KS0066 controller (similar to HD44780) or equivalent. You'll find tons of AVR source code for these.

Does your L1672 come with a cable attached? I have a bunch of L2432's here. They come with a flat cable attached, and the cable has a stupid pin layout 13-14-11-12-9-10-7-8-5-6-3-4-1-2.

Btw, a data sheet copy can be found at http://www.datasheetarchive.com/...

Stealing Proteus doesn't make you an engineer.

Last Edited: Sat. Dec 22, 2007 - 09:12 PM

uidzer0 wrote:
Doh, I got a 404 on that URL does it still work for you?

To be honest: No. I didn´t try the link, I just copied it from the EIO site: (http://www.eio.com/datashet.htm

Googling on 'L1672 seiko lcd' dug up a couple of links, one or two mention wrong pinouts stated in the datasheet. Have a look here and here.

Thanks guys!

You're right - the pins are pretty stupid, I just made a little breakout board for them. I'll see what I can come up with now.