Total votes: 0

I released version 1.10 of my AVR Calculator. From the ChangeLog:

Version 1.10 (Feb 5, 2008)
	- Timer calculator more horizontally oriented to better fit screens
	- Fix bug prevent computing correct UBRR values of 0

http://www.b9.com/elect/avr/kavr...

Thanks Kevin!

I'll play around with KAVRCalk while working with future projects.

You can avoid reality, for a while.  But you can't avoid the consequences of reality! - C.W. Livingston

Cool -- please bang the heck of out and see if you can break it for special bonus points ;)

On the timer page I notice that the 8 bit pwm fast and the 16 bit pwm fast are both reporting the same rate. This seems wrong at first glance... seems the 16 bit pwm should be slower.... but I havent found much else to gripe about... I've been writing baud rate error console apps for about two decades in fortran, pascal, basic, c (but never in lisp!) for every uart I've ever dealt with 6850, 68681, 8530, 8250. I've even put a little effort into extrapolating the xtal freq that will produce the closest baud match. Your prog seems to do this well, so it looks like it will be very useful in situations where you have to live with an oddball xtal freq and still use the uart.

Imagecraft compiler user

Thanks for looking at the numbers, Bob. I actually had an open-source, console-based Lisp application called cluck ( http://files.b9.com/cluck/ ) available for some time. But, the GUI kavrcalc application certainly brings more information forward at once compared to a console application.

I agree, the 8 and 16 bit pwm fast's should have different rates. The 16 bit pwm fast is computed taking in account the user entered "PWM Top" value. For the default 8Mhz clock, 64 prescaler, and 1.5ms timing, the pwm fasts are clearly different between 8 and 16 bit times (checking version 1.11). Can you give me an example of when 8 and 16 fast pwm are the same so that I can investigate? Thanks!