In the past I used the MEGA 48 quite a lot (most of the time with the internal oscillator)!
But now it becomes to small and to slow!
So I'd like to use a MEGA88 with external 16MHz crystal!
So I set "fuse LOW byte" to F7h (CK8DIV disabled and SUT and CKSEL for crystal (as I've read in the datasheet)
After programming I've verified the just written value, so I assume that the chip is really running at the external 16MHz!
Furthermore I'd liked to have the debugwire enabled, so I programmed (I've forget to mention it: I programmed with my serial cable by ISP) the fuse high byte with 0x9F (standard is 0xDF)! After that, I've connected my JTAG and I tried to load my project but: no success!
Summarized I assume, that
*) my crystal should run and
*) all ISP and therefore DW pins should be soldered correctly
ps: I'm using AVRStudio Build 462 + ServicePack