I'm trying to make Boundary Scan functional for my SAME70Q21 based product. When looking at www there are really not much examples for this and I'm stuck so need help. Here is what I wanted to do:
- Use same70Xplained evaluation board together with SAM-ICE JLink device
- Since same70Xplained doesn't connect all needed pins I do it manually (first three are needed SAME70Q21 to enter Boundary Scan mode, and fourth one is needed to connect TDI input of SAME70Q21 to JLink device):
- Connect JTAGSEL to High
- Connect TST tp High
- Connect PD0 to Low
- Connect TDI to PB4
- Connect JTAG pin 19 to same70Xplained board 5V net so I can power whole board with SAM-ICE programmer
- Use JTAGLoader.exe (that comes with SEGGER installation for SAM-ICE) to try to download SVF script
I stuck at step 3 where I get the following output:
$ ./JTAGLoad.exe ./mytest.svf
SEGGER J-Link JTAG Load V6.46g
Compiled Jun 14 2019 19:36:33
Executing file [./mytest.svf]...
Received wrong TDO data from target! (Expected: 0x77, Found: 0x00)
Before calling this command I made sure that board gets 5V supply from JLink by calling the following commands:
SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.46g (Compiled Jun 14 2019 19:34:42)
DLL version V6.46g, compiled Jun 14 2019 19:33:33
Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
Firmware: J-Link V10 compiled Jun 14 2019 19:25:26
Hardware version: V10.10
License(s): RDI, GDB
Type "connect" to establish a target connection, '?' for help
TCK=0 TDI=0 TDO=0 TMS=0 TRES=0 TRST=0
Supported target interface speeds:
- 180 MHz/n, (n>=12). => 15000kHz, 13846kHz, 12857kHz, ...
- Adaptive clocking
When JTAGLoad.exe is running I can see that board has its 5V.
I was checking JTAG signals and they all are controllable from JLink.exe except that TDO is always 0.
Can you help?
Thank you in advance!