JFYI: AVR Studio 4.12 Service Pack 2 build 473 released

Go To Last Post
12 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

http://www.atmel.no/beta_ware/as4/412sp2/AVRStudio412SP2.exe

Release Notes - AVR Studio 4.12 Service Pack 2 (03/2006)
--------------------------------------------------------

A Service Pack is not a complete AVR Studio release. This Service Pack requires AVR
Studio 4.12 to be installed previously.

*Includes all part support and fixes done in SP1

*New Part support
-ATmega164 (JTAGICE MKII, STK500, AVRISP, AVRISP MKII, SIMULATOR, AVRASMII)
-ATmega324 (JTAGICE MKII, STK500, AVRISP, AVRISP MKII, SIMULATOR, AVRASMII)
-AT90USB1287 (JTAGICE MKII, STK500/525, AVRISP, AVRISP MKII, SIMULATOR, AVRASMII)

* Fixes
- AVR GCC Plug-in upgrade
This upgrade fixes the following problems that the plug-in had with the WinAVR 20060125 release:
1) Infinite loop when determining dependencies. (After completing a build.)
2) No reporting of memory usage.
- JTAGICE MKII FW upgrade
Fixed problems with wrong MISO sampling in SPI mode.
Oscillator calibration updated with correct number of hand-shake cycles.
- AVRISP FW upgrade
- ICE50 bugfix and FW upgrade[/url]

Last Edited: Wed. Mar 22, 2006 - 06:11 AM

great....still hoping Atmel spends some time on making the IDE a bit more productive in each update even if it is a freebie! :)

bluegoo wrote:
a bit more productive in each update

Just out of interest - how do you think it could be improved ?

One I'd think could be useful would be UART terminal simulation in the simulator

Cliff

Cliff

I agree with you and more..the simulator could be improved....as an example take a look at a Keil compiler with their uVision3 IDE and simulator for any of the supported chips and some examples....of course it isn't a freebie and it has been improved for several years. I posted an idea on here before to add the logic analyzer/trace view of the output pins as you step thru the program or capture it... like they have added to the Microchip PIC simulator recently... (I think they got this from Keil).....the AVR studio memory window is a bit lean..some of it actually looks a bit Windows 3.11 if you know what I mean...also unless I missed it , scripts would be great ....but I may be a bit spoiled having used a significant number of commercial compilers/simulators designed for embedded programming over the years ....do not get me wrong AVRStudio is not bad I just hope they continue making it better! :)

What is the difference between build 468 and 472?

bruenen wrote:
What is the difference between build 468 and 472?

SP2 release notes: http://www.atmel.no/beta_ware/as...

As I haven't the release notes of build 468, i could not check the difference ;) Who can help?

clawson wrote:
bluegoo wrote:
a bit more productive in each update

Just out of interest - how do you think it could be improved ?

One I'd think could be useful would be UART terminal simulation in the simulator

Cliff

On this topic, is there a published API / Plugin Framework for AVR Studio or the simulator? Would be good to be able to create customised plugins such as terminal emulators, LCD's etc...

Adam

[edit] I see that AVR Studio obviously connects to it's plugins via XML description files - I'll have a dig and see what I can work out :) [/edit]

It's now only 5 years ago Atmel promised to publish the API spec "in a few weeks".
So, it'll be here any time now ;-)

/Jesper
http://www.yampp.com
The quick black AVR jumped over the lazy PIC.
What boots up, must come down.

:) I won't hold my breath, then! It's a bit frustrating, as looking through the list of COM components, there are a huge number of type libraries starting with 'AVR' ready for interfacing with.

The XML plugin files are fairly readable too, so it looks like creating add-ins should be fairly simple - it's just finding the time to look through all those dll functions figuring out what does what :?

Adam

I just went to beta_ware/ site and I found a new revision (build 473)... so what's new in this one?

---
ARod