I've been had .... Angry with Atmel. STK600 - TQFP32

Go To Last Post
9 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

So I thought to program my atmega168p/atmega328p tqfp32 with the STK600 + stk600-TQFP32 kit.
The technical libray has a link to a 'STK600 Socket Package Selection Guide' (in the paragraph with the picture). This guide shows a list of devices and the corresponing package needed.

Now all potential buyers beware. This list is misleading. The kit does not allow for programming this chip. A router card is missing.

Upon asking the technical guys about this, I only got a sorry reply, the card can be bought separately somewhere in Februari.

I'm angry and dissapointed.

Apparantly the only thing you can do with it is program some xmega chips that are to be released sometime in Q4/09 (?) and an at90usb162/82.

Is there anything I can do to get Atmel sending me the correct routing card?

Nick

Quote:
I'm angry and dissapointed.

Fully understandable.
I had a look to see if I could come up with some workaround, but I don't see one :(

Nard

A GIF is worth a thousend words   They are called Rosa, Sylvia, Tessa and Tina, You can find them https://www.linuxmint.com/

Dragon broken ? http://aplomb.nl/TechStuff/Dragon/Dragon.html for how-to-fix tips

nick-123 wrote:
Is there anything I can do to get Atmel sending me the correct routing card?
I don't think so. If they didn't care until now, because you don't buy chips in volume, they won't care whatever you do.

Ask your supplier if they take the STK and the adapter kit back. Point out that Atmel is doing misleading (your word, I would use a stronger one) advertising. If you bought as a consumer, and not in a company capability, then checking about your local consumer rights laws might help when trying to send the thing back.

Stealing Proteus doesn't make you an engineer.

Wow--besides the chronic shortage of these kits, Atmel has seen fit to disregard the "bread-and-butter" of the AVR line with the STK600 kits--first the 44-pin, now the 32-pin.

Lee

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.

I got them from digikey. I'll wait until feb next year. In the mean time, there are other -not so easy- solutions.

So the 44pin tqfp has the same problems? Humm....

Quote:

So the 44pin tqfp has the same problems? Humm....

https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.

Hi Lee,

I've seen that one. I hoped that the correct router card sits in the dip package. I can't find any info about it's contents. I hope the OP of that thread will answer soon.

Nick

nick-123 wrote:
I'll wait until feb next year.
Frankly, I won't. Atmel has IMHO become rather unreliable when it comes to keeping deadlines.

Stealing Proteus doesn't make you an engineer.

Small update,

After some emails between Atmel and Digikey I got the missing routercard from Digikey. And it's working.

Thanks for all your help guys.