IOT ATXMEGA256A3BU HLK RM-04

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi all

I have an Xmega-A3BU Xplained evaluation board with a com port connected through a level shifter to a HLK RM-04 module. The RM-04 is configured to do serial to wifi client conversion and has a static ip address.

i'm using Bascom avr IDE for the xmega board.

What im trying to achieve is to bring an application to the internet. 

i have a serial wifi app by Morich on my cell phone which i can use to connect to RM-04 module and i can send and receive characters between this app and the Xmega micro

i want to be able to do things like ping google.com send a "get" request, receive a response to the "get request". and maybe send a "post" response to "get" requests that are received

Bascom has some sample programs and libraries for other hardware but i haven't been able to find anything i can use

any help will be much appreciated

Not many Bascom freaks here, don't they have a forum of their own? 

Jim

(Possum Lodge oath) Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

"I thought growing old would take longer"

Ok, what if I use atmel studio, is this even possible with my current hardware or am I looking at something like a sam mpu to be able to have an application work as a TCP IP client, have wifi and ethernet, do over the air software updates, etc while doing real time process control

seeker13 wrote:
while doing real time process control

That would depend on your definition of  "real time" and what kind of "control" of a process you need.

I would suggest starting with a platform that already has the resources your need, like a linux based beagle bone where the networking is already done.

Then you can work on your "Process Control", then once the concept is proven, then scale down the H/W to fit the needed size/power requirements (which you have not stated).

Good luck with the project.

Jim

(Possum Lodge oath) Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

"I thought growing old would take longer"

Thank you Jim, really appreciate your help. Are you able to recomend an equivalent board with atmel hardware? I have some experience with atmel atmega chips and have started familiarizing with atmel studio. I would like to use example programs to learn and do at the same time. I dont have a background in electronics hardware design or embedded systems I have mainly programmed in basic so far eand no familiarity with Texas instruments products. Not sure how to describe what I mean by real time and process control