we use ZigBit modules and dev boards (2.4Ghz) since 3 years and they worked great, no issues. 4 weeks ago we moved and since then we "sometimes" have HUGE issues to transmit even a single packet. It does not always happen, only sometimes, but when it happens, it pretty much prevents us from sending/receiving anything!
1) 1 Coordinator, 3-4 end nodes .
2) Distance is small, about 1-5 meters, direct sight.
3) We transmit data all the time, about 100 bytes per second, battery life is not an issue for us.
4) We use stack version 1.05
1) It happens at random times during the day, MAYBE more frequently at around 5pm, but not sure.
2) When it happens, for half an hour, hour or even longer, messages get lost or come in with 5 seconds delay or so.
3) Suddenly, the problem can go away and everything works fine again, and then come back.
4) I do find 90 (!) wireless networks nearby, which is much more then in the old place, but all of them seem to use channel 11, with a few exceptions.
What we tried to fix it:
1) Allow the modules to choose the channel. But for whatever reason the coordinator always uses channel 15, or sometimes 16, but never anything else.
2) We tried to increase the coordinators TX power (it was set to 0 and we set it to 3), but I can't say yet whether that made any difference or not.
I'm I doing something stupid or forgot something?
If anyone has a good idea what I could try,please let me know.
Many thanks for any help,