ICE200/ICE50 replacement flex cables

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Does anyone know if you can get replacement white flat flex cables for the ice200/ice50 emulators (they appear to be exactly the same type for both emulators)? The standard flex cables have the connection pads on the same sides but the ones used in the emulators have the pads on top at one end and on the bottom at the other end. They must be availavle somewhere (I hope).

by the way, along the same lines, where can you get the 6 conductor cables for the stk500 (6 Pin IDC female on each end). I can find plenty of 10 pin versions, but NOWHERE have I found a 6 pin version!!

When in the dark remember-the future looks brighter than ever.   I look forward to being able to predict the future!

6 way idc's are easy, you wont find pre-made cables, however if you check out www.newark.com for you guys in the states, or www.farnell.com for the rest of the world you should find they stock Harting IDC sockets that come in 6way versions. As for the 6 way cabel the only thing you can do is peel 4 conductors off from common 10 way cable. The connectors are around $1-2 a piece in small quantities.

Take a look at Mouser part # 649-71600-306
You can make them your self.

If Mouser doesn’t have them in stock, you can always search by the Mfr. Part #:71600-306.
Try http://www.alliedelec.com/

The white flex cable seems to be similar to Molex Premo-Flex. The problem with it is that it is only supplied in bulk by Molex, and the tooling to terminate it is very expensive, so there are very few suppliers - I think there is only one in the UK. I had some made up where I used to work.

Leon

Leon Heller G1HSM