ICE200 gettin hot

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello to you all
I just bought the ICE200 and connected it to the STK500.
I have a few newie problem and i hope that you will have the answr fro it.
1. The ICE200 is getting hot and i am affraid that it will get hotter and will get burnt
the voltage that I am suplling to the ICE is 9V DC .
I would like to know if it is gettig hot at your projects.

2.The econd thing is ......I wrote a simple program in order to see that the ICE is working properly.In the small program it worked fine but it looks like there is a big problem loading the big program that i wrote ( which uses the LCD and the UART)
It looks like the UART doesnt work properly.
DO ineed to configure something special for th UART in order for it to work properly?

3.As soon as i load the file to the AVR STUDIO i get the massage that tells me that there is no clock source at the target ( although there is a clock because i am usig the defult STK500 internal clock ) but due to this massage the program is running ( the simaple one)

HOPE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD ME
PLEASE ADVISE

I can't talk about the UART or clock problems, because I don't have an STK-500. But I can tell you that the bridge recitfier on the ICE will get quite warm. One hot summer I had to even point a fan at it because I was getting weird errors. I swear I am not making that up.

j.

admin's test signature

Hi John
Thank you
You took a relly big stone from my heart for i was very scared that it might be a damage ICE that i bought

Thank you again

admin's test signature

Hi tzif
Mine runs warm also. Near power connector side. But works well.Great tool.
Don

admin's test signature

Hi Don
Thank you
This is the right thisng that i wannted to hear.

Did you put any kind of colling heat sink or maybe used a fan ????

admin's test signature