I've been really happy working with the 8-bit AVR line of uCs, but now I need something with more horsepower.
I'd love to find a platform with the following qualities:
- * C/C++ compiler (Free would be great!)
* Enough horsepower to read/buffer a 150kB TCP/IP stream with a lot of cycles left.
* 16/32 bit floating point performer
* Two+ UART (more is better)
* One+ SPI (more is better)
* 2-Layer PCB friendly packages
* Existing Libs/Drivers for peripherals, Ethernet, etc. (something without the need for an OS would be ideal)
* Many speed grades/pin counts.