how to make a wireless cam with radius 100 meters

Go To Last Post
11 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

hello everyone
i was dealing with this problem which is sending a real time video from one place to another or to a PC
is there anyway to do this with avr
i mean somehow you encode and compress the pics and send it digitally and then at the base you receive the encoded pictures and decode them so you'll be able to see it
is there any other way?
what kinda cam , transmitter , receiver , micro would you offer
this project means a lot to me i have to do it

I don't need a Handkerchief; i have no more tear to shed anymore - Solid Snake

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 16, 2015 - 02:05 PM

You can forget about real time video and AVRs in the same projects. Depending on the video source it might be possible to transmit single images.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

Quote:
You can forget about real time video and AVRs in the same projects. Depending on the video source it might be possible to transmit single images.

What about other micro controllers ? Xmega? Arm?
i Can work on it
give me the details
the micro , the transmitter the suitable cam

Take Raspberry PI, it has camera interface, plug off the shelf USB WiFi dongle (with external antenna to get 100 meters) and you are done with the hardware. Now you just need to create a bit of a software.

Anything capable of handling video will not be a simple MCU, no matter what architecture.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

well i cannot use a hardware like Raspberry Pi
what about this no real time thing
just encoding the images sending them and decoding them
and put them all together and have the video

what about these things ? tx6729 rx6788 in here
http://www.rfav.net/rfav/spec/specbill.htm
how do they make these things?

If you need just still images, then I did it with this board http://www.atmel.com/tools/SAM3S-PIRRDMOTIONDETECTORCAMERA.aspx and using ZigBee for data transfer.

A frame compressed with JPEG was about 20 kB, it took about 2-3 seconds to transmit it over ZigBee.

I don't read Chinese, so I have no idea what is that stuff over there. But if you need to have an actual device assembled, than you should look for parts that you can actually source in small quantities in a reasonable amount of time.

thank you
i don't read Chinese either but those thing were the data sheet of the transmitting and receiving modules

which ZiBee you suggest for sending pictures ?

I've used Rz600 kit simply because there is a dedicated connector on the board. But this connector is just an SPI interface. As far as wireless stack is concerned, I'd rexomend using Lightweight Mesh stack.

i have no idea what Lightweight Mesh stack is . but i will figure it out

but thanks i do really appreciate your help
you've been a big help
:)

Look at the first attached topic in this subforum.

Got it