I spend several evenings on how to find an official and managable way to get an pure CMSIS tree with
a "Linux only" environment.
What I have found so far is:
- CMSIS comes with the Atmel ARM Toolchain
- a standalone package of the Atmel ARM Toolchain/Atmel-CMSIS for Linux does not exist on the Web
- formerly there was a standalone package of Atmel ARM Toolchain/Atmel-CMSIS for Windows, but this seems to be gone
at least I could not find it.
- Arduino 1.6.x comes with a ARM Toolchain but just a partial CMSIS (Arduino relevant MCUs)
- parts of the CMSIS tree seems to be included in the ASF standalone package, but as far as I have seen this is not complete.
So, imagine the scenario:
- you have no friends who have Windows,
- you are not willing to install Windows, just to get a CMSIS tree.
How do you would proceed ?
=== Please don't send me CMSIS trees via Mail/PM - meanwhile I have one -- but 1000 thanks for the empathy! ===