How do I create an array in flash Mega 16

Go To Last Post
12 posts / 0 new
Author
Message
#1
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hi
I'm using an AVRMega16 with WinAvr.
Using WinAvr how do I create an array of bytes in the AVR's flash program memory. In AVR Studio I would use FCB.
I'm want to add a look up table.
Thanks
Don

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Regards,
Steve A.

The Board helps those that help themselves.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Koshchi wrote:
And this tutorial:
Strange. There is no way to answer to the topic. There are flaws in the opening article and cannot even point that out...?

avrfreaks does not support Opera. Profile inactive.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Quote:

Strange. There is no way to answer to the topic.

Try now - I've unlocked it. The idea with tutorials is that the following thread is simply to provide feedback but they tend to get over-run with people just asking usage questions - so it was locked.

It's important that the information in that article is correct as it's the major reference used to instruct beginners over and above the info in the AVR-LibC manual.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Thank you for the help everyone. Now to do some reading..

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

clawson wrote:
Quote:
Strange. There is no way to answer to the topic.
Try now - I've unlocked it. The idea with tutorials is that the following thread is simply to provide feedback but they tend to get over-run with people just asking usage questions - so it was locked.
Ok, Added the note.

Did I already mention that A wiki would be a much better and more convenient way to supply such articles/tutorials/informations?

  1. Articles can be extended/corrected by others.
  2. Wrong edits can be easily reverted.
  3. Better layout and typography
  4. There could be something like [wiki]progem[/wiki] to link from the forum.
  5. There is a discussion page for each article for annotations, questions, and all that stuff
  6. Table of contents for big articles
  7. Can contain images for circuit layouts, etc.
  8. Better formatting of tables, lists, parapraphs, inter-linking.
  9. Articles have a linkable history and changelog.
  10. Articles can be locked, unlocked, opened for new users, have approve system to approve new edits/changes and all the like
  11. Syntax, workflow and layout known to almost all users from big wikis
  12. Similar for most potential authors
  13. Much easier worklow. The workflow for the above note was:
    • User U wants to correct something and tries to add a comment -> no avail
    • U has to complain somewhere (where?) and get the attention of a admit A.
    • A has to unlock the thread
    • U (or anyone else) now can add a comment
    • The Author T of the tutorial must be notified that there is some new comment.
    • T has to integrate the comment and work out a new version of the article.
    • A will turn the thread to read-only again. Depending on provileges the last two points can be swapped.

There is a wiki, but it is so slow that nobody will use it...

Quote:
It's important that the information in that article is correct as it's the major reference used to instruct beginners over and above the info in the AVR-LibC manual.
Agreed. But it's much easier to have this accomplished by more elaborate, superior and convenient technique (wiki) that's already there but simply unusable...

avrfreaks does not support Opera. Profile inactive.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

I agree about the Wiki thing but it's a question of finding someone who will host and more importantly maintain it and run it on a server that has the bandwidth for the likely amount of access.

I have webspace and it supports PHP and MySQL and I've demonstrated before that it can host a wiki but I think for the amount I pay there are no guarantees about bandwidth. Perhaps someone else has more formidable server access that can be guaranteed to exist for many years with some kind of service level agreement?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

clawson wrote:
Perhaps someone else has more formidable server access that can be guaranteed to exist for many years with some kind of service level agreement?
Atmel, perhaps?

JW

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

clawson wrote:
I have webspace and it supports PHP and MySQL and I've demonstrated before that it can host a wiki but I think for the amount I pay there are no guarantees about bandwidth. Perhaps someone else has more formidable server access that can be guaranteed to exist for many years with some kind of service level agreement?

You could do something with google sites. And it would be for free.

The disadvantage is that it'll use a set of user accounts that differs from the avrfreaks accounts.

- S

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Quote:

Atmel, perhaps?

What like this one you mean:

http://wiki.avrfreaks.net/

(top of every page here). If you click that link and it does not connect it's because there was not enough wood in the boiler to generate the steam that is used to drive it! Either that or the main connecting rubber band has snapped.

Anyway that would just be admitting that Atmel somehow "own" avr-gcc. I'm sure they'd love to foster this misconception but they don't - it's an open sopurce, GNU project. OTOH they maybe have more shekels to throw at it than most? (but let them get their own documentation systems in order first!)

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

clawson wrote:
Quote:

Atmel, perhaps?

What like this one you mean:

http://wiki.avrfreaks.net/


Yes.

clawson wrote:
If you click that link and it does not connect
It does, eventually.

clawson wrote:
it's because there was not enough wood in the boiler to generate the steam that is used to drive it! Either that or the main connecting rubber band has snapped.
It *was* snapped, IMHO. I suspect, it's deliberately throttled to keep its traffic down, most probably as a "fix" after some more substantial spam attack. It's suspicious that it invariably takes multiples of 10 seconds plus 1 second to load the items from there. How is that setting in Apache called?

clawson wrote:
Anyway that would just be admitting that Atmel somehow "own" avr-gcc.
I don't think so.

clawson wrote:
I'm sure they'd love to foster this misconception
I don't think that either.

I would even say we could ask Atmel to explicitly and officially state "We don'w own avr-gcc, just pay for the traffic on this wiki, which contains contributions from the community." there.

clawson wrote:
(but let them get their own documentation systems in order first!)
That's a slightly different issue - documentation signed by Atmel is [to certain extent] binding; a bunch of (mis)conceptions on a wiki, even an Atmel-payed-for one, is surely not.

IANAL, of course.

JW