Going to production, make Nano -atmega328p program, how to do it?

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

1. I have a arduino nano board & made a small project on it. Its running succesfully.

2. Now i want to go to program 100 more MCU and make own board which is customized and has MCU on it?

3. How can i program MCU alone on my customized board. I dont need any FTDI ic or usb port on my board.

4. Also I dont need external crystal? How I can do change in arduino programming so that Atmega uses its internal oscillator only.

You will need to break out and give access to the ISP pins on your board, so that an external programmer can be used to program the chip. As for the internal oscillator, that is just a fuse setting you make while programming the chip. You will also need to recompile your code with the correct FCPU setting to reflect the new frequency. This may have an impact on the Arduino library code which may have some other limitations/expectations.

While I feel Arduino is fantastic for prototyping things, I would highly encourage you to re-write your code in pure C (or C++) for production.

Writing code is like having sex.... make one little mistake, and you're supporting it for life.

For a 100 or so boards, just layout your custom board to accept the nano!  You may find it's cheaper that way then using bare chips as well.

Then nothing changes in your program, or the way you program it!   Note: if your application uses the USART, you are better off having a xtal when using serial comms.

Jim

Click Link: Get Free Stock: Retire early! PM for strategy

share.robinhood.com/jamesc3274
get $5 free gold/silver https://www.onegold.com/join/713...

I'm with Jim. On that quantity, just lay out a board for the nano to plug or even solder into. You get nanos online for like $2 each these days. Unless you need a physically smaller gadget or are making zillions, just use the nano.

In fact, I'm kindof reconsidering a project I'm working on now.

The largest known prime number: 282589933-1

It's easy to stop breaking the 10th commandment! Break the 8th instead. 

I agree on just using the Nano.  I have used a lot of them, and burned up a few by plugging in external power to the raw pin with USB already connected, or the other way around, I dont remember, but the $2 Nanos made smoke if I added power and USB in the wrong order.  It was weird.  Also, be aware that the $2 Nano's are not the highest quality.  I had a sizable percentage with bad USB or bad voltage regulators, but that might have been related to using external power and USB in the wrong order.  Or maybe I just got a bad batch.

Maybe someone here can explain why I made smoke using USB and power into "raw" in the wrong order.  I think I was using 12 V.  Maybe I should have used 7.5.  I would experiment some more but I dont want to burn up any more of them.  I only have 6 or 7 left from my last order.

this will try & see :  https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutori...