FreeRTOS State Viewer Eclipse Plugin problems

Go To Last Post
11 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi all,
I post this here cause we're using FreeRTOS in the framework.

High Integrity Systems (Wittenstein) makes a free eclipse plug-in that gives task and queue awareness. I figured it would work in the Studio32 ver 2.2. But the task and queue screens are empty.

Anyone been through this and know the trick to getting it to work.

Regards

Hi

Perhaps you haven't defined the needed settings in FreeRTOSConfig.h. Please refer to chapter 2.2 of the attached guide...

However, I am wondering if someone can provide guidance for this topic in general. Currently I am using AVR32 Studio version 2.1.0.

After installing the StateViewer plug-in in the plugins folder I should get some additional views in the debug perspective. Unfortunately there's neither a trace of the Queue Table nor the Task Table.

The plug-in details do not show the plug-in rtos.openrtos.viewer_1.0.7.jar. Doesn't AVR32 Studio V2.1.0 resolve the plug-in? Must I change to V2.2.0?

Thanks for any advice.

Attachment(s): 

The mechanism used in the installation description was deprecated a while ago and will not work since the Eclipse Ganymede release. Try the following (for AVR32 Studio 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3) instead:

* Check the AVR32 Studio installation folder and make sure there is a sub-folder called "eclipse" in the "dropins" folder.
* Make sure there is another sub-folder called "plugins" in the "eclipse" folder.
* Copy the plug-in jar to the "plugins" folder.
* The new plug-in should now load properly.

torkildr: Now it works great. Thank you very much!

No problem :-) Looks like an interesting tool. I was not aware of it. Thanks for the pointer.

Hi,

I don't have the dropins in the version 2.3

is there a way to get this work ?

Jonathan

Does anyone know how to get this plugin working with version 2.4?

It appears we've been hit by Eclipse bug 252284. There is no way around it except repackaging this plug-in and distribute as an Equinox p2 repository or old fashioned update site.

As the license explicitly prohibits re-distribution there is not much we can do to help. I suggest leaning on High Integrity Systems and make them fix their distribution method.

Hi,

I can not get the StateViewer plugin work on my AVR32 Studio 2.2 version. The Task & Queue windows are both empty. I did drop the plugin jar into dropins\eclipse\plugin folder however did not know how to add the features jar. Someone (Pecticide) on this thread had mentioned about changes to FreeRTOSConfig.h and chapter 2.2 of attached guide, but I did not see an attachment.

What else am I missing from the install process?

thanx.

I must be blind. I did find the attachment and it is the OpenRTOS StateViewer installation doc. I added the defines to FreeRTOSConfig.h and still blank task/queue windows.

thx.

Hi,

I have copied the plugin jar into dropins\eclipse\plugin folder and made the changes to FreeRTOSConfig.h as mentioned earlier on this thread. I also enabled FreeRTOS xTaskGetSchedulerState method and task/queue windows are still blank. Are there other things I need to change/look into.

Thanx.