freeRTOS port to ATxMega256A3 using AVRStudio5 (GCC compiler

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Has anybody tried using AVR Studio5 (Final Release) with freeRTOS and suceeded in compiling the program for an Xmega256A3.
I have suceeded using the CodevisionAVR port after a few patches but want to move over to AVR Studio 5. I have never had much success in sorting out the makefiles and am happy when the compiler can generate these for me. I tried making an empty C project and copying all my source from the Codevision project but can't seem to put things in the right directories for things to compile. I also cannot find how to add already built source files to the project in AVR Studio 5.
Can anyone give me some guidance here ?
Regards to all, Dave Neale (South Africa)

Codevision AVR rev 2.05.0
freeRTOS
ATxMega256a3, tiny's and Mega's
AVR Studio6

Have you done it with Studio 4 yet ?

1) Studio 4.18 build 716 (SP3)
2) WinAvr 20100110
3) PN, all on Doze XP... For Now
A) Avr Dragon ver. 1
B) Avr MKII ISP, 2009 model
C) MKII JTAGICE ver. 1

I used studio4 to take the coff file from CodevisionAVR to debug the system. That worked OK but I am trying to move from the Codevision compiler to the GCC compiler in Studio5.
There are some bugs in the Codevision port with respect to interrupt handling/task switching between differing priority levels between different tasks that I think I have resolved but would like to port the whole RTOS to the GCC compiler before I release the patches, so that it is more accessable the the general populace than restricted to the Codevision version.
Regards, Dave

freeRTOS
AVR Studio6

Quote:
There are some bugs in the Codevision port with respect to interrupt handling/task switching between differing priority levels between different tasks

The CodeVisionAVR FreeRTOS port available on www.hpinfotech.com is for the ATmega128, not for the XMEGA devices, so I don't know how it may have bugs in priority level handling, as non-XMEGA AVR devices don't have such a feature.

hpinfotech wrote:
Quote:
There are some bugs in the Codevision port with respect to interrupt handling/task switching between differing priority levels between different tasks

The CodeVisionAVR FreeRTOS port available on www.hpinfotech.com is for the ATmega128, not for the XMEGA devices, so I donI modified the CodeVision port to use the xMega256A3. It took a while, but I have it running multiple tasks quite sucessfully.

freeRTOS
AVR Studio6