I have an AS7 / START based project that compiles, runs and -- crucially -- has the menu item "Project => Re-configure Atmel START Project" listed in its menu. Now I want to send it to a friend so he can work on it. So I created a .zip file of the folder that included the .atsln file as well as the Project directory, i.e. here:
I sent the .zip file to my colleague, but he was unable to reconfigure the project since, upon opening it, it lacked the "Project => Re-configure Atmel START Project" menu item. Since then, I've tried the following myself, none have worked:
- Expand the .zip file, launch AS7 by clicking on Sprint2/Sprint.atsln. The program launches, the files are there, but it lacks the "Re-configure" menu item.
- Expand the .zip file, launch AS7 by clicking on Sprint2/Sprint2/Sprint2.cproj file. The program launches, the files are there, but it lacks the "Re-configure" menu item.
- Launch AS7, click "File => Open => Project/Solution", select Sprint2/Sprint.atsln. Same result.
- Launch AS7, click "File => Open => Project/Solution", select Sprint2/Sprint2/Sprint2.cproj. Same result.
- Rename Sprint2.zip to Sprint2.atzip. Double click it to launch AS7. AS7 complains ".gpdsc file not found in the root directory"
- Look for other ways to save or export a project. I couldn't find any.
So please pardon if this question has come up before, but: how do you export or save a project so that someone else can open it and use START to modify parts of the project?