EVK1105: Can't read PHY

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I'm testing my ethernut port to AVR32 using the EVK1105. Previously I used the EVK1101 with the A0512-ES chip and my network code was working really well.

With the EVK1105 and AVR32 Studio, I can see that I can't even read the PHY ID. It always returns 0. I've went thru code and Datasheet Erratas, but couldn't find a cause for this. Any ideas what could be wrong? Perhaps I overlooked something or maybe a faulty board? Ideas?

Thanks.

Correa wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing my ethernut port to AVR32 using the EVK1105. Previously I used the EVK1101 with the A0512-ES chip and my network code was working really well.

1101 with A0512-ES? Typos ?

Correa wrote:

With the EVK1105 and AVR32 Studio, I can see that I can't even read the PHY ID. It always returns 0. I've went thru code and Datasheet Erratas, but couldn't find a cause for this. Any ideas what could be wrong? Perhaps I overlooked something or maybe a faulty board? Ideas?

Looks strange. can you get MDC, MDIO on scope ?
I have also had one instance of the same when i ran it with RC oscillator instead of the OSC0 ( what exactly i mean is a higher frequency).

Hi

If you don't get further check out also the following : http://www.utasker.com/docs/AVR32/uTaskerV1-4_AVR32.PDF

Regards

Mark

uTasker.com

Hi, Ojas_laya,

Thanks for the advice. Looks like it might be related to the PLL actually. When not using the debugger, after waitting quite a while the network code starts working. The same doesn't happen with the Software Framework sample, although the ping replies are a lot higher with the SF than with the Ethernut after it starts running.

I had implemented an initialization scheme that would allow simple Multiplication and division to be specified in the Nut Configurator tool, but it looks like it's a bit hard to simplify all those multiplication and division variants and different formulas for this or that bit.

I guess I will have to make it more complicated in the configurator and simpler at the code.