EVK1105 AT32UC3A1256

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have an oncoming project where I need USB functionality in addition to utilizing TCP/IP protocol over ethernet. So I decided to use the AT32UC3A1256 uC. So I looked around to see if there was an evaluation board for it, to be able to skip the hardware design and jump to the software developing. The Atmel website mentions the EVK1105 board for evaluation purposes of the AT32UC3A1256 uC.

Now the odd thing is, that the EVK1105 board contains the AT32UC3A0512 uC, which at Farnell is almost twice the price of the AT32UC3A1256, so I'd stick to the cheaper one in my end design. Not to mention, that they are not pin compatible.
Are the two uC-s compatible with each other in means, that my program code will be portable very easily from one to another? I mainly have routine with 8bit AVRs, but as far as I know the Xmega codes are very easily portable from one to another. So how is it with the AT32UC3 series?

Yes, code is 100% binary compatible between A0 and A1 series as long as you're not using the EBI (which is present on the UC3A0 series only). Both series share the same header files set so you won't have any issues.

-sma

Thanks a lot!