Eclispe with Ubuntu 18.10

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm trying out Eclipse with the avr plugin, with the AVR Dragon as the programmer on Ubuntu 18.10. But I have run into a road block, at the moment I have a simple blink LED with delays using avr-gcc. With very minor or no changes at all for example changing duration of the delay I get this error         make: *** [makefile:77: avrdudedummy] Error 1"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

And the only way I have found to fix the non existent error is to give the IDE a few minutes of time then it will build (2 to 5 minutes and I can rebuild with no errors), WTF.  What is happening for time being a factor before a simple source file will compile? The IDE seems to be ok, but I don't want to jump in with a real project if it going to act crazy.

When you get these errors, have you tried cleaning the project and then rebuilding?

Post the entire build output here, there might be an important nugget of info that highlights what's happening in there somewhere.

Howard_Smith wrote:

When you get these errors, have you tried cleaning the project and then rebuilding?

Post the entire build output here, there might be an important nugget of info that highlights what's happening in there somewhere.

Yes sir, that's the first thing I started doing once I discovered a problem.

Will get errors posted ASAP. Winterizing at the moment. surprise

Thanks for your attention to the matter

The error shown in console window

13:59:21 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project testavr ****
make all 
Invoking: Print Size
avr-size --format=avr --mcu=atmega328p testavr.elf
AVR Memory Usage
----------------
Device: atmega328p

Program:     182 bytes (0.6% Full)
(.text + .data + .bootloader)

Data:          0 bytes (0.0% Full)
(.data + .bss + .noinit)

Finished building: sizedummy

Invoking: AVRDude
/usr/bin/avrdude -pm328p -cdragon_isp -b115200 /dev/tty/USB0 -Uflash:w:testavr.hex:a

avrdude done.  Thank you.

make: *** [makefile:77: avrdudedummy] Error 1
"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

13:59:21 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 71ms)