Easy Identification of XMEGA256a3u from XMEGA256a3

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Migrating to the XMEGA256a3u from the XMEGA256a3 and looking for a simple way to check that the right code is on the right board. Was going to use the Device ID but they are identical (1E9842), only the revision ID is different (6 vs 4). I am concerned about using revision as the identifier since it might change. Any other easy method I could use to identify the a3u from the a3?

For some reason my tools aren't behaving right now (claiming not to be able to read prodsig!), but the difference between the two can be found in the production signature row, at addresses 0x1a and 0x1b. If they read out as 0xff 0xff, then you have a standard non-U chip. If they have some other value, the chip is a U-series. These addresses hold the calibration for the USB peripheral.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought about using that but didn't know what the values would be for the non-U chip. Tested it out and it does seem to work (all though the value for 0x1A is typically 0xFF). Maybe with that and the revision number it might be enough to flag.