Drawing to give away 2 STK500's, etc.

Go To Last Post
48 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have the following items:

2 each STK500's
1 each Dragon
1 each C Programming for Microcontrollers book with CD ( www.smileymicros.com )
1 each Atmel Butterfly

These items are collecting dust and taking up space so I would like to give them away (plus I will pay shipping). I am proposing that people here on AVR Freaks who are interested in receiving one of the
"kits" (as described below) should post a message in this thread stating:

1. Why they think microcontrollers are cool
2. What they would like to accomplish with microcontrollers

Similar to what Tom did in his Dragon giveaway, I would like to see >some< sort of history of threads here at Freaks. I am not going to set a limit on the
number of posts you have made. What I am looking for when I read the your posts is:

1. You are serious about microcontrollers
2. You want to learn,
3. You don't mind working in order to learn
4. You are respectful of other peoples thoughts, feelings and property (real and intellectual).

(to the Freaks old timers :-) who might read this: Is the above fair? Is it too easy, to hard? Recommendations please)

Kit #1
1 each STK500 + 1 each Dragon

Kit #2
1 each STK500 + assorted DIP AVR's (mega8515/mega16 included with STK500 originally plus a couple each of tiny2313, tiny13, mega48 - I >could< include more but I don't remember what is in my inventory at this moment and I am not at home)

Kit #3
1 each C Programming for Microcontrollers w/ CD + 1 each Atmel Butterfly

Kit #4
1 each STK500 + assorted microcontrollers
(generously donated by Randy aka rstahlhu)

To the very best of my knowledge all of the above items are in working condition. Sorry though, I am not making ANY guarantees. I am not making any offers of support other than what I (or others) can provide here on AVR Freaks.

My plan is to write down the Freaks user names (who respond as described above) on pieces of paper, throw them (the pieces of paper :-) ) into a cowboy hat, shake the hat around and draw out 3 pieces of paper. The first name I draw will have their pick of ONE
of the 3 kits above. The second name will have their pick of ONE of the 2 kits left and the third name gets what is left :-) . My birthday is November 6th, so that will be the day I will make the drawing. I am off work on Monday, 12-Nov so I will aim to ship the 3 kits that day.

Comments, suggestions etc. are certainly welcome.

edit1: Kit #4 added (Thanks Randy !!) So now the third name drawn has a choice :-) and the fourth name drawn gets what is left.

Thanks,
Steve

Last Edited: Thu. Oct 25, 2007 - 03:02 PM

Steve,
I don't need any of the above, but I would be willing to add Kit #4 to your list consisting of a STK500 and some assorted controller chips. If you want to add it, pick a deserving soul, PM me the shipping info, and I'll cover the postage. No sense in having too many of these threads going at one time!

Randy

Hi !

At first I would like to appreciate and thank you for what you really do in this forum. It is so generous.
Answering to yours questions :

Ad1) Two years ago I have decided to start programming microcontrollers. At first I didn`t know how to start, what to do. I always wanted to program microcontrollers.(It so har to start at first) I don`t have much money so anyway I have decided to buy simple breadboard an program microcontrollers with simple paraller port.
I have to admit that this was the best what newbie can do.
I have learnt a lot and then I just realized that this is my passion actually.

In my opinion microcontrollers are cool cause you can do almost everything on them. You can make simple digital filters DSP. You can make robots, and so many other related staff. I always wanted to do for a living programming in C but sitting next to computer writing programs for windows was a lit a bit dull. Embedded systems are great cause they connect programming with electronics. I study electrical engineering and specialize in Telecomunications. Just need to study one year to obtain master degree.

Ad2) In near future I would like to accomplish my master graduation work which is based on microcontrollers.
Then I would like to find job connected with programming embbeded systems but this is a subject for a next thread I would say;)

I hope that I convinced you that I am right person to obtain one kit. Honestly kit no. 1 would be the best option for me :)

Student from Poland

Adam

microcarl, chuck baird, john samperi, SteveN and any one else interested in giving an opinion

Several years ago, I thought I would take a shot at designing a development board for the Mega16 and 32's. I developed a schematic with Eagle and had a local pcb fab shop make me 100 (minimum order) of the boards. (I was anxious to show-off to some friends in a local robotics group and overconfident in my skills ;-)
Well, after getting the boards made, I discovered there were a few minor mistakes in the design. Nothing that would keep them from working, but made it a little more difficult to use than I had hoped.
I was hoping to sell them at cost to some local hobbyist, but that didn't work out. I would like for some folks to check out the documentation for the boards and see what they think. If you feel these boards are usable, I would like to donate about 50 of them to this group, and let the main people here decide who should get them. I think it would be nice if as many people as possible could get them, but if there is a school or group that could use a quantity of them, that is fine with me.
I am using some of these boards for my own projects, and they do work perfectly.
See https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p... for an idea.
There are 3 wiring errors and a couple of issues with tight placement of components. I have included both the 6 pin and 10 pin Atmel programming ports. The biggest problem is that 2 of the pins on the 6-pin port are wired wrong, but a couple of cuts and jumpers will fix this.
I live in Kansas City, Mo and will pay postage to anywhere in the US.
The documentation can be downloaded from
www.joeclark.us/Controller/RLC-0... because it is too big for an attachment.

Hi Joec,

I couldn't get the zipfile at www.joeclark.us/Controller/RLC-0... to open. Winzip said that it wasn't a valid zip file.

However, I was able to download https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p... ... em_id=1048 and look at the pictures of the board and 8x8 LED displays. The board looks fine to me. If the errors are documented, that shouldn't be a problem. It is, after all, a prototype. That is where the problems are supposed to be discovered and corrected.

I think it would be good to offer these PCB to new comers who need something to get them started. The errors would need to be well documented, though, along with the methods to correct those errors.

Hell, I might want one of those PCBs, just so I can see what it really is. And too, if a few of us have one, we will be better prepared to duplicate problems that the less experienced might have with them and aid in the corrections.

Also, pictures of the corrections on the PCB would be good as, it is worth a thousand words.

Anyway, great job! Especially for your first attempt at making a controller board. It gets better with experience...

You can avoid reality, for a while.  But you can't avoid the consequences of reality! - C.W. Livingston

Quote:
Because they are CMOS and not vacuum tube based. Do I get a prize? Question two is just too hard... :lol:

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

SteveN wrote:
I have the following items:

2 each STK500's
1 each Dragon
1 each C Programming for Microcontrollers book with CD ( www.smileymicros.com )
1 each Atmel Butterfly

These items are collecting dust and taking up space so I would like to give them away (plus I will pay shipping). I am proposing that people here on AVR Freaks who are interested in receiving one of the
"kits" (as described below) should post a message in this thread stating:

2. What they would like to accomplish with microcontrollers

Similar to what Tom did in his Dragon giveaway, I would like to see >some< sort of history of threads here at Freaks. I am not going to set a limit on the
number of posts you have made. What I am looking for when I read the your posts is:

1. You are serious about microcontrollers
2. You want to learn,
3. You don't mind working in order to learn
4. You are respectful of other peoples thoughts, feelings and property (real and intellectual).

(to the Freaks old timers :-) who might read this: Is the above fair? Is it too easy, to hard? Recommendations please)

Steve,

If you'll go back an look at the contest that I tried to do late last year when trying to give the Oscilloscopes away, you'll find that I asked similar type things.

Basically I wanted an essay of about 100 or so words. For the entire episode, I didn't get anything more then a "Gimme, gimme, gimme " save for a few that we couldn't justify the cost of shipping the thing as opposed to buying a new scope locally. Oddly, those two individuals are still here and very active on the forum.

I didn't get one individual reply to the requirements put forth - which is basically what you are asking.

I finally just made a hair-brained decision as who I should give the scope to. As it turned out, we don't hear from that guy anymore. And, it turns out that, within a day or so of announcing of who the recipient of that scope would be, he did some things that raised many red flags. It so happened that, at the time I was really strapped for money and couldn't send the scope to him right away. I got a few e-mails with less then curtius content. Now he has faded off of the horizon and has not been heard from in a long while.

So, two weeks ago I decided on an individual that just quietly demonstrated the qualities I was looking for in the recipient of that scope.

All that said... I think that you will probably have to fall back on the same framework that I did - sit back and quietly watch. You'll know who the equipment should go to in due time.

If I were you, I'd just wait a week to see who responds and pick the person. If you think about it, you already know who in the forum will make a good candidate.

Just my thoughts!!!

You can avoid reality, for a while.  But you can't avoid the consequences of reality! - C.W. Livingston

> (to the Freaks old timers who might read this: Is the above fair?
> Is it too easy, to hard? Recommendations please)

I think it's fine.

Jörg Wunsch

Please don't send me PMs, use email if you want to approach me personally.

Quote:
> (to the Freaks old timers who might read this: Is the above fair?
> Is it too easy, to hard? Recommendations please)

I think it's fine.

Me too!

I hope someone runs something like this in a couple of years when I retire. (unless I can persuade work that my faithfull STK500 has become so much part of me that it should go with me! :wink: )

C. H.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It's only waste if you don't use it!

Microcarl, I just put a new copy of the zip file up at www.joeclark.us/Controller/RLC-0... The first one was made with 7zip and apparently had a problem. This one is a Winzip file and works for me.

Joec wrote:
Microcarl, I just put a new copy of the zip file up at www.joeclark.us/Controller/RLC-0... The first one was made with 7zip and apparently had a problem. This one is a Winzip file and works for me.

Got it!

I'll review it over the weekend.

Are the boards by JoeC being distributed into the kits of Steve or are they separate??

Quote:
Because they are CMOS and not vacuum tube based.
Actually, I'd really love to see an AVR made of vacuum tubes, and would consider it to be VERY cool. ;-)

There are pointy haired bald people.
Time flies when you have a bad prescaler selected.

Quote:
Are the boards by JoeC being distributed into the kits of Steve or are they separate??

Separate

uCPU and anyone else, if you are interested in my boards, pm me your mailing address, and I'll send a couple to you, while they last. I still need to document three cuts and jumpers that need to be made, but they are minor.

BTW, these are bare boards only, not populated.

Hi all

I think i would greatly benefit from a stk500 and here are my answers:

1) i like microcontrollers because they allow hobbysits to experiment with electronics and interfacing to various hardware devices in a fairly cheap way and as mentioned before it's a great way to learn and work with software as well as electronics.

2) Most of the stuff i've done on avrs was uart related due to a lack of hardware knowledge. The first steps for me would be to get my hands dirty on some pwm,DAC/ADC,and external memory control, SD cards etc.
Since my hardware skills are pretty bad and i myself dont own anything that lets me develop for avrs (except avrstudio) the stk500 would be a great kit for me to develop my basic skills further and then maybe go on to create some interesting projects.

thats all from me.
thanks

Quote:
Actually, I'd really love to see an AVR made of vacuum tubes, and would consider it to be VERY cool.

Hey daqq, why not open up a vacuum tube, stick in a tiny, and close it back up. Put a little power on it and have it do something, shall we say, unexpected.

Don't cut yourself breaking the glass. And don't run with scissors. And always declare your ISR/main shared variables volatile.

Chuck Baird

"I wish I were dumber so I could be more certain about my opinions. It looks fun." -- Scott Adams

http://www.cbaird.org

- Hi!
Hmm, reply this topic mean that i want those kits and try to impress someone to get somthing for nothing???
This not what i want, and this not what those good guys who have some beauty kits want...

I just want to reply to tell you my story, and what i think about...

Ofcourse (we always start a new story with "once upon a time ..etc...), 7 years ago, yeah, its a long time - u might think - my friend got a computer with Intel Celeron 500 Mhz inside. Its too expensive for most of us to buy, and only see that, smell the new plastic that give my an unexplain feeling. I've been wonder, what inside those big box, why and what it is... But you know, with 17 years old at the country that only have agricuture and that math, physics, or chemistry... all that we want that we can goto university or earn the job...
But, for me, its a new era. My best friend want to be a programmer in software. I think he's the best. And i can't catch him. So i begin think about the hardware, at those age, at this level, i cant do anything to archive something real...

:), this the first chapter of my story, the common begining right? Plz patience, and i'll tell ya the second chapter:)

- Yeah, when i first go to university, i chose electrical and engineering for my main plan. Here, when the other carry on with those transformer, thyristor, diode... (i think, i still good in those region, too) but my favorites still in microcontroller and Mp. Here, i know that how can fixed my computer in hardware, what is inside the big box and etc... It's what i receive when i grow up, for my hardwork etc... But i still dont know, what AVR, what PIC ... cause i still stuck with 8051 (dont know 89C51 yet). I like it but in university, i cant figure out how can i get one of them to work... In my idea, the begining of the concept bout uC is start. I want to learn assembly cause everybody say: it's about hardware. If u can learn it, know it that u will be the master of the hardware. For me, it's so attractive, and i dont mind if someone tell me, C language is so easy to learn, easy to read or write. I think i can write in C, but for every vendors, there's so diffirent keyword, and just learn the keyword i dont like. I like at the static of assembly, when uC change, the hardware still there, RAM, ROM, memory, bank, register,... still the same (ofcourse diffirent in some point). SO i know, why this uc is better than that uC..
The big thing i got, is when in the exam about uC; the teacher ask me about the PSW of 8051, and 8255. Cause of smth, i never listen to him in class before (i always at home, doing what i like and not go to class to hear the teacher telling some thing i know, that he's still dont know yet). And i aswer him that i know too, it's good and he cant give me a 8 mark (10 mark is highest). I got 9 mark for the absence in class.
So i really know, i can do it without go to university all night and day, but workhard is the key!!!
When i graduated university, i think i really want to be a profestional programmer. :) I know that i must learning some uC . And its amazing that with one week, i can do more with PIC, one week for AVR, but it's just the begin. I write myself the lib with assembly, fix some error in code that i download from internet, and the thing i can proudly say, that i know what the mistake i've made. In any state, i always try to figure out what i've done, and how it affect to my work.

For now, my plan still in the long way, i will follow my plan, and i really want to thanks all of you, who just by some meaningless word can give me some serios thinking. I check the forum one per day, but too lazy for posting and.. :)

For my language, it's not my mother language and i hope u can understand what i'm saying. This from my heart and here in my country, i cant talk with anyone, cause i dont have anyone really know my plan. AVRfreak, this's the only place i can tell. And to cheer myself.

Thanks ya :)

hi everyone
first of all thank you for helping out people like me budding engineers by providing them with your kits
first a small intro about me. I am pradheep shrinivasan doing my final year electronics and communication at Thiagarajar college of engineering,India

Why they think micro controllers are cool
i think micro controllers are cool because they help in designing and exploring of new areas.they are everywhere around us in calculators, computers,watches etc. they make me happy as i work with them and feel proud when i have completed the design.the debugging experiences that i had with them are wonderful and i would cherish them life long.

2. What they would like to accomplish with micro controllers
i am planning to do my final year project using avr controller and the board would be useful for faster development and debugging purpose.this will eliminate the need to design and fabricate my own development board .
i have earlier fabricated a board using 8052 for my project "RFID based access control system" and it is available in the gallery section of freepcb.com

till now my projects were based on 8051 and now i feel i can do better design and with avr and so migrated to it.
i have attached the photos and small description report on the project.all the components used for development such as boards,programmers were designed and fabricated by me at my home.
as i am bit new i have not posted in the forums but sure i will contribute more as i learn
regards
pradheep :D

change without any change is no change ;-)

Why I would like one:

Because I'm trying to build a controller for the environment for my critters, and doing it the old fashioned way with an ARM board isn't cool enough (besides, it's boring since I already know how to work those.)

And no, I have no history here because I just started with microcontrollers.

But the idea is to get my kids (ages 7 and 10) to program. Microcontrollers are cool because you can get your brain around them pretty easily - once I find where all the registers are! (AREGHHH! :-) )

--Yan

as a poor student like me i would like to join, maybe god is on my side for once :)

why i think microcontroller are cool:
i'm studying electrical enginering, which is an amazing study, with so much things to make and the result of finishing projects can give you so much pleasure that you will start rightaway with a new one.

in my 2th years i learned at school how to use the old 8051 microcontrollers a bit (education is getting worser and worser every year, so we will have to educate ourself to improve <_<) after the lessons i was amazed with the capabilities of these products, that we start using microcontrollers in our projects. (making a robot which is capable of following a descriped route, voice commands, sensing objects. this project was really fun and helpfull to understand more and more about the microcontrollers.

now i'm 3th years and following a course at a company (don't know exaclty how it's called in english, but i'm here for a half year to get some experience in the businesslife)
the company is specilized in making automatic blinds and stuff (hopefull that makes sense :)) and other equipment like sunsensors/rainsensor. really cool.

i got an STK500 to use on work :(, which is a cool product. programming c and getting to know all the features that the atmel processers have. the company use the atmel proccesers too in there products like the blind controllers.

since i use it so much on my work and like it very much, i would like to have one to use at home too. to make bigger projects and combine it with other things.

this was my story, have fun reading.

i find it super that you are willing to help other people, thumps up!!

Provak

So I see this thread is still active...

Well here I am, sitting by the computer with my dragon from Wizbang Designs. But what I'm lacking is a development board. All I have currently is this white nosolder board, but that's no enough in most cases as it takes hors to wire everything up just to test some simple stuff (like switch debouncing routines, or watchdog routines etc). Therefor I'm constantly thinking, if only I had an STK500 I could use... But the price, oh the price, at least here in Estonia is a bit too much for my wallet currently. It's over 100$ including all the taxes and shipping costs :(

Given the fact that I'm it's the final year in school for me (before university) I have no time to get a job to get me that beast. I am doing small projects for people, but those aren't so well payed sadly :(

So If anyone is willing to make a deal with me, I'm all ears and would very much appreciate it.

Maybe then I can finally understand what people are asking, when they complain, that nothing on their STK500 doesn't work. Maybe I can help them out a bit then ;) As some days it seems, that I'm more in AVRFreaks forum reading and writing, than anywhere else :P One day I would like to be as wise (and superfreak) as our fellow Cliff ;), who by that time will be nearing 100 000 posts I think ;)

Anyway thanks for listening/reading
Cheers,
Rain

SteveN, thanks for the heads up about this on my n00b thread.

I guess i will through my 2-cents in on this one.

I have always been interested in electronics and computers in general, ever
since i was a young. For my 15th birthday my uncle sent me my first laptop,
a machine that was all mine. My first project on it was to learn to program
in python which led to me wanting a website to post the software i had written
which lead to me learning HTML, XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, VBScript, ActionScript,
VB, C++, and other languages. Using only google i taught myself everything i know
about computers and became addicted.

Im not stating all of this to boast but to kind of give you an idea of the kind
of knowlege addicted self learning computer person that i am.

When i turned 19 i landed a job as lead developer for a web development firm with only
my "Google Degree" and still work there today. Unfortunaly i do not make a ton of money
as most people would assume so i cant afford to run out and buy all of the hardware needed
to get started so even being considered for a chance to get free hardware to help me get going
is just awsome and its things like this that make me thing joining this community will be great,
Not just because of the free stuff but because you guys are more than willing to help others
get started in this hobby.

Web development however isnt my only interest. I have always wanted a better understand
at a lower hardware level of exactly how computers worked and i think that getting into
microcontroller programming will give me a better understanding as to how it all works.

There are so many possibilities as to the things i can create with this these awesome little things.
I would love to be able to build a device when i have the idea or to create fun toys for
my son or expecially create cool one off custom devices for my truck as i am also a car guy.

I want to build my own diagnostics scan tool, live vehicle data monitor, virtual gauge cluster
and MANY other cool little devices for various purposes. I am also a fan of sharing knowlege,
so i am more than willing
to discuss and share anything that i learn with the community.

I am just hopelessly addicted to computers in general and would be honered to be in the drawing for
tools to help me get started.

I cant wait to dive into this and really get going.

Thanks for the consideration SteveN.

Joe, my boards arrived today - thank you very much! These are quite nice. I'd be very proud of them if it were my first design attempt, errors or not.

Now that I have your address I'll send you some reimbursement, at least for the postage. Kansas City is my old stomping grounds - about 20 years in Lawrence and 22 in Topeka. No chiggers out here.

Thanks again!

Chuck Baird

"I wish I were dumber so I could be more certain about my opinions. It looks fun." -- Scott Adams

http://www.cbaird.org

Hi Mr. steve!
A warm apreciation for your cool effort!
Here is my thouhts for the question:
1) Microcontrollers are cool as are very efficient in protoype designing phase of embedded system arena without time consumption.They are really MICRO-controllers as their name suggests which keeps pace with large surrounding environment of the system. As well as people get their development tools very easily at lower prices.
2) As I am passionate about discovering the undiscovered area of technology by using discovered tools and technology, I wish to cope with this microcntroller tech-Embedded-arena, though still at bieginner level.
Thanks and regards!

Chuck, I'm glad you got the boards so quick. I hope that you can find a good use for them. I'm fairly happy with the results of the boards. I was hoping to sell them at a small profit to fund the next generation, but I didn't feel justified selling something that wasn't exactly right. (Personal and professional ethics, you know.) ;-)
I also have a small led board for debugging that would be good for some of the neophytes. I may see what it would cost to have microcarl make one or two for me.
And don't worry about the postage, it was minimal.

zbaird wrote:
These are quite nice. I'd be very proud of them if it were my first design attempt, errors or not.

Hey Joe,

I too got the controller boards on October second. I sent you a PM.

As Chuck said - Great looking boards!

And, as I said in an earlier post, that is what the prototype is for - to find all of the nagging little mistakes before the final production run.

I'm caught up in a project right now so, it'll be a few weeks before I can pay any real homage to them.

For your first attempt at making a PCB, this is really good work!

Again, thanks!

Joec wrote:
I also have a small led board for debugging that would be good for some of the neophytes. I may see what it would cost to have microcarl make one or two for me.

Lets have a look!

If they are small & single sided, and I can get many on one 4"x6" blank PCB, the cost goes down with each unit that can be put on the same blank.

Hi Steve and Randy,
First off thanks for your generosity I am sure the whole AVR community appreciates it.

I have only been interested in microcontrollers for a couple of months now so I guess that is a bit of a minus, but having said that , I know I will continue to enjoy learning about the multiple ways that that similar processes can be carried out and with my current work modifying a small robot with Atmega8 I have become fascinated by how much can be accomplished with these chips. It still amazes me that something so small is able to do so much.

I think if you review my posts you will see I never expect to be spoon fed, always try to incorporate different ideas and do the folow-up work myself. I have never criticized anyone on this forum and have tried to be, as conscientious as possible, of other peoples’ feelings as well as post resources I believe will help others in a similar situation.

I really appreciate this forum and the advice given to me by more advanced users. This forum is one of the few places where knowledge is freely available to those who seek it, rather than being locked up and extorted for a price.

I probably haven’t posted as much as I would like because to be frank, it’s a little intimidating. As my knowledge base grows I am sure this sentiment will subside.

If want to read more about my experiences you can read http://lachlan222.wordpress.com/2007/09/20/sumobots-and-microcontrollers/ though its a bit verbose.
Regards,

Lachlan

What we need to learn,
we learn by doing.

microcarl, I'm glad to hear that you got the boards, also. But, if you got them on october 2nd, I'd like to borrow your time machine sometime. I could have a lot of fun with one of those. :-)

The other board I mentioned is just a wire-wrap version for my own use for now. But I will do a real board with eagle and send the docs your way to see what you think. It might be awhile, though, because I don't have a lot of spare time anymore.

JoeC

Steve,

No offense to anyone, but this thread has been totally hijacked (in my opinion). Maybe you should try again with a new thread?

Randy

Hello, I'd like to enter the drawing as well. Mainly because I just accidentally disabled the programming fuse on my atmega16 when i was trying to enable BOD :oops: and it looks like the only way to fix it is 'parallel programming' like with a STK500 :)

1) Microcontrollers (and AVRs in particular) are cool because they are really all-in-one devices. You don't need hardly any external components at all, and you can start interfacing with electronics & other hardware right away. On top of that, they are relatively inexpensive, that even poor students can afford a simple development board
2) I have a couple of goals with microcontrollers: I want to make a small handheld game type system, (nothing that would compete with nintendo or sony of course), that might play a couple games like Pong or Maze. It would run using either 8x8 or 16x16 LED matrix. I've thought about also expanding it later to hook up to a TV (some people have done NTSC output I've seen). Later I think I want to try and make my own digital photo frame.

Please let me know if I don't qualify, so I can provide more information, and thank you all for these wonderful donations! :)

Randy,

I share your opinion also (about the thread being hijacked). My birthday (Tues, 6-Nov) is only a couple of days away and there are plenty of "contestants" now so maybe I will just wait until Tuesday, make the drawing and be done with it. I will contact the winners by PM and then let you know (via PM) who gets what. Is that okay with you?

Regards,
Steve

Fabulous!!

The "contest" is officially ended now. I will be contacting the winners later today via PM. As my first post said, the first winner gets their choice of one of the "kits", second winner gets choice of one of what is left and so on.

Regards,
Steve

Happy Birthday Steve!!!!!

Michael

Dragon Slayer... no not that one...This one!

@ ttownfire,
Thank you very much for the birthday wish !!!

I have PM'ed the four "winners". I will await the first name drawn to contact me with their selection. Then I will let the second name drawn know what 3 kits are left and so on. Congratulations to everyone.

As a side note, can someone in here make any suggestions as to the best method of shipping overseas from the USA? I have never shipped anything overseas. Is it best to use USPS, FedEx, UPS or someone else?

I have not listed the "winners" in respect to their privacy. If they want to post a message here that is up to them.

Thanks everyone! I am very happy that there is a likelyhood my "kits" will find a home where they will provide enjoyment and education.

Regards,
Steve

Steve,

USPS will ALWAYS be cheaper/cheapest. FedEx charged me $164 to deliver the STK500 to Melbourne Australia! Never, never, ever again!!!!!

Cheers,

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

Quote:
Your inbox is 0% full

:cry:

It's ok, the others probably needed it more than I did. :)

congratz to the winners ^^, have fun with it and hopefully we can see some nice projects soon :)

Quote:
FedEx charged me $164 to deliver the STK500 to Melbourne Australia! Never, never, ever again!!!!!
For that you could have bought 3 pieces from somewhere else :-D

There are pointy haired bald people.
Time flies when you have a bad prescaler selected.

daqq wrote:
Quote:
FedEx charged me $164 to deliver the STK500 to Melbourne Australia! Never, never, ever again!!!!!
For that you could have bought 3 pieces from somewhere else :-D

I agree David....but I did not know that was what I was going to be charged until after it was delivered from Digikey. Lesson learned.

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

Kit #2 has been picked by person #1 :-) .

I have contacted person #2.

Regards,
Steve

congrats for the winners .... hope you all have a great time with it :)
and thank you steve and randy for the contest and being generous :)

change without any change is no change ;-)

Hi,

All 4 kits have now been shipped. The winner who picked Randy's "kit" has received it and, according to Randy, is quite pleased. Person #1 had their kit mailed last Saturday. Person #3 and #4 had their kit mailed this morning.

Enjoy!
Steve

Hi,

I received my kit yesterday :)
I am so happy :D :D :D
It is so generous of your side.

I promise to use it well :).

Once again thank you and take care you all.

P.S.
Steve you are great man I hope to do the same when I grow up and support some willing to learn folks. :)

Adam

Attachment(s): 

Hi,

I apologize for sending you that power supply. I don't know what I was thinking, I know you can't use it. I hope you don't have any trouble finding a suitable one at your mains voltage and with your type of plug. Perhaps you can use the one I sent if you come to the US sometime :-) .

Regards,
Steve

SteveN wrote:
I apologize for sending you that power supply. I don't know what I was thinking, I know you can't use it.

Steve you don`t have to apologize . :-)
I appreciate and thank you for what you have done.
Not everybody would spend so much time and money to send
us these kits.

By the way I have one regulated power supply so it is not a problem at all.

I hope other folks who won are aware of your act of generossity and thanked you.

Thanks a million Steve.

Adam :)