Does STK500 support Mega48?

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi Freaks,
Does the STK500 support the M48 chip? I looked in the manual and it says it doesn't. Is this correct? I was hoping to program a M48 with it and turns out may be that is one of the chips that is not supported.
Thanks.

Yes it does - where in the manual does it say that it doesn't?

By the way are you aware that the latest manual for STK500 is always in the Studio help system (new SP1 for 4.16 just released by the way)? Forget any green book that came with it - that'll be years old and probably even pre-dates the mega48's existence.

The bottom line is that the STK500 will program all DIP packaged AVRs (actually I think there's one exception to that but it's not mega48 - I use my STK500 to program mega88's and mega168's all the time)

Cliff

Quote:
actually I think there's one exception to that

The exception is the 14 pin family (tiny24/44/84). For that there is an expansion card (although you can easily put it on a breadboard and program it there). And for chips not in DIL packages, it still supports any AVR that has ISP programming. You just need either an expansion card or some target broad that has access to the ISP lines.

Regards,
Steve A.

The Board helps those that help themselves.

Up to date on-line STK500 Starter Kit User's Guide: http://support.atmel.no/knowledg...
Click at device support.

Ok I checked the User manual from AVRStudio and yes I see that it does support M48. I was looking at a copy (how old? ) I had picked up from a google search. Thanks.