I have a strange question: A long time ago, my monitor failed (big CRT). The guys in the shop took it and said that this is the first failure of that type. When they gave me the repaired one they said it had burned relay contacts.
Inside was I guess a switched PSU with a big scary cap right on the 230V part.
I have my monitor (and my whole PC set) plugged into one extension cord with a Switch (the Button). Now, in the CRT it was understandable, that it had frequently opened and closed the contacts and therefore failed (I did ofcourse first switch it off using its normal button, only then using the main switch on the extension cord).
Q: Does this kind of turning on and off have any negative effects on the PSU in question?