Disovered a new MCU: SH77P1652

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

The remote control for a Midea heat pump doesn't seem to be working (IR LED doesn't seem to be transmitting), so I took it apart.  On the PCB it's got a couple dozen passives, a 24C08, and a SH77P1652U QFP48.  I hadn't heard of that MCU before.  It's made by Sino Wealth, and it is a 1T 8051 OTP MCU.

I have no special talents.  I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein

Looks like they also make a 5V cortex M3 (sadly they don't seem to have an English language datasheet) http://www.sinowealth.com/seach?search=SH32F9001

Have you looked at the Raspberry Pi RP2040 yet?
It's got some features that I'd think would appeal to you.

westfw wrote:

Have you looked at the Raspberry Pi RP2040 yet?
It's got some features that I'd think would appeal to you.

I've looked at the datasheet, and some of the examples for the programmable IO.  It's interesting from an intellectual perspective, but I don't see myself getting into writing PIO code.  The reason is it's too niche.  There's practically an infinite number of interesting computer architectures to learn, so I try to concentrate on technologies that are widely adopted.  The PIO architecture is unlike anything I've seen before, so there's an extra learning curve there.  I also prefer not to be on the bleeding edge of new technologies, since I find it very annoying when you can't trust your tools (primarily compiler).

Aside from the old 8051 stuff, over the past year I've been learning more ARM Cortex-M architecture details.  After experimenting with M0, M0+, M23, and M3 parts, I've come to really appreciate ARM/CMSIS.  I can do a quick test of any new Cortex-M part in minutes with a SWD probe.  On the AVR side, with debugWire, tpi, updi, etc. there was no consistentcy.  For a guy like me that needs to know the low-level details it was too many new protocols to learn, new programming tools to build/buy, etc.

I have no special talents.  I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein