Digikey will not ship EVK1100 to Canada!

Go To Last Post
9 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

So they finally have the item number in the Digikey system, (qty is still 0 though)
But when I go to add one to my order, they say that because of US regulations the item cannot be shipped to Canada?!

What gives?!

T

Did you talk with a live representative at Digikey or do you get that information from their online ordering system?

I see. You may want to talk with one of the salespeople directly to see what the problem is. If it's a minor administrative issue, send me PM and I can order another one and ship it to you (barring some regulation that'd land me in federal prison).

It could be that certain items require an export permit, and that the item you want is not expensive enough to warrant the extra paperwork. Perhaps you should telephone Digikey and ask a sales representative your question.

kevinrosenberg wrote:
I can order another one and ship it to you (barring some regulation that'd land me in federal prison).

We both replied at substantially the same time. :) Uh, it would be interesting if you land in prison... Perhaps we can fix up a EVK1100 with a hidden file and send it to you. (The abrading tool, not a computer file.) ;)

Thanks - but rather than start an international embedded systems smuggling ring ;) I'll call Digikey and see what gives. Usually export restrictions are only on items manufactured in the US - I believe this isn't, and then only to "unfriendlies"

You mean Caunkia isn't an unfriendly? ;)

Let us know what you find out. :)

There's the old, quite inflammatory joke: "No, I don't have anything against Canadians. I've love them almost as if they were real Americans." :oops:

Apologies -- I think the differences between our dear Northern neighbors and us to the South are quite delightful and worthy of respect.