did I burnt my stk500??

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello guys, I was so fastinated with my sd card project that I worked all night long. BAD IDEA!!. I was tired and I connected the ground to source ...

My sd card is no longer detected by my pc.I think it is already a corpse.

I realized that I could not program or erase my microcontroller. I though I also burnt the micro. But I think it is even worse. I've changed the micros again and again and I always got the message"unable to get programming mode". I upload a screenshot.

The leds of the board look normal.I can read and write the settings of the board...

I think somehow the on board programmer is not working(broken?). what can I do?

Can I throw it to the garbage. Could I buy a programer to use all the stk500 board.

I was working with avrstudio 5 and atmega 16 32. If somebody know a cheap solution for europe,spain...:-(

I'm so upset.

Attachment(s): 

In AS4 you can find the schematic of the STK500. (Not sure if AS5 has it)
That could help you finding the blown part(s). How powerfull was the power supply ?

It will be hard to repair anyway.

A GIF is worth a thousend words   They are called Rosa, Sylvia, Tessa and Tina, You can find them https://www.linuxmint.com/

Dragon broken ? http://aplomb.nl/TechStuff/Dragon/Dragon.html for how-to-fix tips

Unplug all devices for the present. Can Studio read the STK500 target voltage? What does that measure with a voltmeter? Can Studio change the target voltage? If not there are a few chips that need replacing ;)

I am trying to erase the memory of an atmega16 in parallel mode. Nothing else is connected in to the board and still failing.

The voltage in the board works correctly.It seems that the communication works but the programmer chip on the board(if it exist) is not working.

question: if I could buy an alternative ISP programmer to connect it to the stk500 headers,does it make sens? cos I need the set the fuses in parallel mode to enable ISP mode.Isn't it...

Plons wrote:
In AS4 you can find the schematic of the STK500. (Not sure if AS5 has it)
That could help you finding the blown part(s). How powerfull was the power supply ?

It will be hard to repair anyway.

I used the board power passing it from the main board to the protoboards. But I crossed the wires and I f***ed.

Quote:

I used the board power passing it from the main board to the protoboards. But I crossed the wires and I f***ed.

If the "main board" was the STK500, and the "protoboards" were attached boards, with the micro(s), then you probably fried the protoboards.

Have you tried using the STK500 in ISP mode with a micro plugged into its correct socket?

JC

hello DocJC, I tried to program one atmega16 pluggin it in an empty bread board. I connected all the stk500 ISP pins to the proper pins in the breadboard. As in the atmega datasheet the reset pin appears inverted I also tried to invert it with an inverter chip. But nothing changed.

Quote:
As in the atmega datasheet the reset pin appears inverted I also tried to invert it with an inverter chip. But nothing changed.

The Reset\ signal comming of the ISP header on the STK500 does NOT need to be inverted.

Just connect it to the Reset pin on the micro.

JC