I have made my own implementation for reading the DHT22;
I have used it successfully now for some time, however now I have made some
changes to Hw, and the reading is now unstable, sometimes it is successfull, often
it is successfull during an initial period from power-on, the suddenly misses out, more and more.
Hw changes include all components new, processor, lead to DHT, board (which is
now PCB (own design) instead of the old veroboard)
Before digging into the issue more Has anyone any knowns to tell for this kind of appearence, intermittent
(like differencies in DHT items (unfortunately this time (first) I have soldered the DHT to the new wires, reluctant to chip away)
I have a list of possibles, however there might be experience with you out there:
changed clock, freq.(not using crystal, but internal on this version, though having possiblity to mount), some powering disturbancies (the 5V to DHT) (using a 10k pullup on signal), bit-distortion on the wire....(now approx 70cm, against before 10cm), fault in DHT itself, ....