device signature 0x000000 when burning bootloader

Go To Last Post
2 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I receive this message: "device signature 0x000000" when a try to burn the bootloader on a atmega328p-au (SMD) inserted on PCB i am using arduino uno as isp i already uploaded the ArduinoISP sketch and i check "Arduino as ISP" as programmer with "arduino nano" as board

i do not know what is the problem i tried to check the ISP wiring with the arduino uno and everything is alright what i noticed is that when i remove the GND wire attached to ISP the pin13 of the arduino lights up when i connect it it lights off i do not know what to do here is the full schematic

Total votes: 0

I've never tried programming one Arduino with another, so I can't speak to that. But if you tell us how you're wiring it (wiring diagram), at least we might be able to verify this.

The first thing I would try is to make sure that the "master" Arduino (the one doing the programming) is good. Try programming a known good nano. This will also verify that your connections are correct.

I also noticed some possible issues in your hardware (schematic):

1. I would get rid of D4. While it's not unusual to see polarity protection on the positive side, I've never seen a diode installed on the return. This puts the reference level ("ground") of the device around 0.7V above the other devices in the system (depending on the diode). Or move your ground to the other side of D4. This configuration might be giving you problems.

2. While this may not be the entire schematic, I don't see any bypass capacitors.

3. You've got an ISP in the design. Can you program it with a different programmer through AVR studio?

-Paul