Default Fuse Settings for Atmega128 Scrren Shot if possible

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I am looking for something that states or shows what the default FUSE settings are for a Atmega128 MCU. Or a screen shot of the fuses from the STK500/AVRISP/JTAG programmer screen.
Unfortunately, all the Atmega128's I have, have all been changed from the default from the package/box settings, and it'll take a while to get a few new ones in. I know if defaults to 103 comatibility mode, but i am not sure of the other fuse settings.
Does anyone happen have a list of default settings or can they get me screen shot of the settings?
Thank you very much,
Earl

This information is in the datasheet. Check the Fuse Bits part of the Memory Programming section. Tables 118-120 show the default settings for the fuses.

Dave

dharper wrote:
This information is in the datasheet.

True, but when it comes to setting AVR fuses - or to be more accurate, when it comes to making sure that the settings you want set are actually the settings the programming utility is going to set - then the old saying "a picture paints a thousand words" seems quite apt. Especially when you're a fully paid-up member of the "I read the datasheet, I noted down all the fuse/lockbit settings, I went to program my AVR, and ended up with a non-responsive device" club :wink:

Regards
Chris

Attachment(s): 

Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate it.

I had that same problem with the data sheet a long time ago.
I think the Serial Programming Enable fuse is more like a three state fuse, No, Yes, and Maybe under the right conditions setting.
Thanks again

Chris - those look like Linux screenshots.

Are you running AVR Studio under Linux?

Please note - this post may not present all information available on a subject.

refields wrote:
Chris - those look like Linux screenshots.

Are you running AVR Studio under Linux?

Nope, that's WinXP with the silver colour scheme instead of the default blue one.

Chris

Quote:
Nope, that's WinXP with the silver colour scheme instead of the default blue one.

Well dang. It does look a lot like the newer KDE window decorations / themes. I run XP at work but under VMWare and only when I absolutely have to have it. Otherwise I'm in Linux.

Thanks for the info.

I guess on the plus side, if XP users were to switch over to Linux, it would look a little familiar :D

Please note - this post may not present all information available on a subject.

Quote:
Well dang. It does look a lot like the newer KDE window decorations / themes. I run XP at work but under VMWare and only when I absolutely have to have it. Otherwise I'm in Linux.

Thats what I've got as well - IMHO Windows makes a great application ran ontop of another OS, but not so great an OS.

-Colin