Debugger shows incorrect EEPROM values.

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Message
#1
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

I'm using Studio 6.2 SP1, build 1502.  I'm using JTAGICE mkII via PDI.  The EEPROM shown in memory window is pure garbage.  It bears no similarity with the actual EEPROM contents.

 

This is not a bit deal for me.  I just thought I would mention it.

 

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Try to refresh the screen with F11 (single step after you break)

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Okay I got it.  When I hit the F11, the EEPROM wasn't correct.  After trying it a few times, I noticed the EEPROM display address was no longer at 0 .  It  was up around 0xffxx.  I changed the display from EEPROM to something else and then back, and EUREKA! it was right.  It has been right ever since.  Even when I stop the debugging and restart debugging.

 

I guess if I had read the manual more closely, I could have fixed it myself.  smiley

Last Edited: Wed. Mar 25, 2015 - 10:32 PM