DAC on AT90PWM316

Go To Last Post
2 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

newbie here
Iknow the AT90PWM216 and others do not have the DAC brought out to a pin.

However the AT90PWM316 DOES have the intrnal DAC brought out to a pin.....

I have now an AT90PWM316 breadboarded. I have found that I am getting no DAC activity on the DAC output D2A at pin 29. Just to troubleshoot PortC pin 7 does work (the alternate pin function to D2A).

I noticed in the studio 4 simulator that there is no "DAOE" bit available under the DACON register I/O watch view.The DAOE bit is the bit to set to enable the DAC output to pin (rather than keeping it internal for comparator usage etc). The fact that there is no view of the DAOE bit makes me wonder if the simulator does not support this chip version properly? it's studio 4 version 4.14 build 589

I get no build error when I set the DAOE bit....who knows if it being set? AVRISP reads the devise signature as AT90PWM316 1E9483 - 00:05

Total votes: 0

i found the problem (that i created), it was a newbie mistake for sure...i forgot to put the OR sign in front of the equal sign, when setting the DACON bits.

Addressing the simulator issue, the "DAOE bit I/O view IS grayed out"...but the total byte value does update when the DAOE bit is updated.

thanks